1 (edited by ruthyruth 2012-04-27 17:49:02)

Topic: Absolute Polysics DVD Docu - Anybody know what song they're making?

Late to the party as usual...just watched the six hour DVD bonus docu of the band making a song, which I thought was awesome and interesting (I think this would be the opinion of anybody willing to watch other people work - kind of like watching a painter working from a blank canvas to a finished image, if you get my drift) ANYWAY...now I'm thinking it would make sense if it happened to be a song on the Absolute Polysics CD with which the DVD accompanies in the deluxe package. And hey, maybe it is - but I did not recognize it from anything I hear on the CD...So, I'm lost as to what it might be and I'd love to hear the finished recording other than as it is presented to the creators in the DVD.

Does anybody happen to know what song they're recording in the documentary?

Re: Absolute Polysics DVD Docu - Anybody know what song they're making?

Natsu Bam Bam, it was on the limited edition Bestoisu album (last song 2nd disc). That dvd is well worth the 6 hours. I wish they would have made more.

3 (edited by ruthyruth 2012-04-28 01:57:39)

roundhouse87 wrote:

Natsu Bam Bam, it was on the limited edition Bestoisu album (last song 2nd disc). That dvd is well worth the 6 hours. I wish they would have made more.

Thank you!

By the way, you're so right about the documentary. It was so fascinating not to "watch", but kind of be in the room. I mean, it did not seem like six hours watching it because; it wasn't like watching a movie. The filmmakers cleverly opened a window that was really a door so you could just come in and "be" there.  Being in the room with people create something in real time was much more interesting than if it was like a five minute "making of". Letting it be the actual duration of time it must be, more or less, in real life lets you enjoy the experience. . I also would like to see more of this style of filmmaking. It is a treat!

For me any way, I think it is kind of a fan's dream to hang out with your favorite band. So actually getting to spend time with the Polysics, and not get in their way, or them having to feel  awkward because I just won't leave...it was sooo cool! I did notice the somewhat subtle "musical t-shirts" going on with the band members - kind of a laid-back hommage to the Beatle's fab-four antics in a movie like Hard Day's Night - which in now way am I comparing to the Natsu Bam Bam Studio Visit (my made up title). Just sayin' there is some humor going on there...

I'm wondering if it might be worth it to upload the full documetary to Youtube...I think if people saw it, maybe got sucked in, even for just fifteen minutes, they might want to see more of this band, maybe buy some records, get some heat going so the trio has some new support to justify a road trip...

Some time ago, I took some screencaps to the documentary and set it to the finished song for everyone to enjoy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywesOtcPv0c

This gives people a taste of what the DVD is about, and promotes buying the set so they can enjoy it for themselves. But I'm sure it wouldn't be worthwhile to put it on Youtube because it would be broken up into easily sixty parts, plus it would probably be taken down.

I love this DVD, though; I've watched the documentary at least five times. I don't understand much Japanese, but they're mostly speaking the language of music here, so it's easy to understand. A good bit of it is straight forward, too, and uses gestures and visual jokes, such as Yano drawing the camera man and cutting up.

The documentary and actually seeing how the song was made makes Natsu Bam Bam my absolute favorite Polysics song. My iPod says I've listened to it over 1,200 times, even.

http://i40.tinypic.com/x3dbtg.jpg

I don't post here much anymore but I still have a fond appreciation for Polysics. Hit me up on Twitter @west_haven if you really wanna talk to me smile

5 (edited by EEPAW 2012-06-21 01:59:22)

Last night I made a video for Natsu Bam Bam. Took all evening but was fun to put together. Feel free to check it out.

http://youtu.be/fhQ7xTtVIiU

wanna light more

Amazing job!!! You have some serious skills.

The "intro" takes way too long to ge to the actual full song, but once it kicks into gear it's amazing big_smile would love to see a shorter version of this

NatsuBamBam | Polysics information and community

Thank you folks for your comments.
@Mistabeen - While I really like the intro as is, I can understand it may wear thin on repeat viewings. In that light, the shorter version is here:
http://youtu.be/Ha2eww-9vqw

wanna light more

It's perfect in the first video. The entire original DVD is long, so it captures the feeling of that. Plus the little tinkering sound is one of the fun things that is in the video. Thanks FPR uploading this!!!!

http://i40.tinypic.com/x3dbtg.jpg

I don't post here much anymore but I still have a fond appreciation for Polysics. Hit me up on Twitter @west_haven if you really wanna talk to me smile

Yo EEpaw,
Excellent piece of work - I left a comment direclty on the YT vid to that effect.

Tell me if I'm wrong, but from you choice of shots, do you have a bit of a Quentin Tarantino influence in your work?

-RR

@Ruthyruth Haha You must be talking about Kayo's feet, I noticed that too.

ruthyruth wrote:

Tell me if I'm wrong, but from you choice of shots, do you have a bit of a Quentin Tarantino influence in your work?

-RR

I didn't think so before, but now I'm questioning it. It IS a really nice foot...

wanna light more

So...if I was ever NOT sure that I was the only one to notice Quentin Tarantino's predilections, I now know that there IS a "kink" thing going on with that guy - no reflection on you EEPAW...OK, You had six hours of material to choose from, and you still made choices that QT might have made. Genius or perv? Or both? It's all good. I like your cut down! 
-RR

In case anyone hasn't noticed, I included the part where the band is laughing at Hayashi's working title of "Koi no Bam Bam" or "Love Bam Bam". Only after they flesh out the lyrics does it become "Natsu..".

wanna light more