Re: Rock In Japan 2010

zerosonico wrote:

There's no way to time a vocoder to match 2 dif ppl screaming...

That's not strictly true, It depend on what type of vocoder they are using. If they are using a vocoder which takes an external Carrier signal (eg, Digitech Talker - Hiro used one of these), rather than one that can only use an internal carrier (like the microkorg or Kayos old VP-550) they can sequence vocoder parts into the backing track. This way no one has to control the vocoder at all, it's all sequenced. Remember, It isn't the first time the have used non Kayo played vocoder. When they played Comodoll/Commodore on the WATM DVD, Hiros vocoder part was controlled either off stage or the way I just described.

I know It's kind of blasphemy, but I'm not worried at all about the lack of keyboard player, almost all of the synth parts in Polysics have always been Sequenced. Kayo mainly played lead and solos and going by the keyboard all of the stage in the current set up, someone will probably still be doing that.

27 (edited by heavypoly6 2010-10-03 13:52:15)

Somebody uploaded it! big_smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KyX3awkjys

There's other parts too.
These performances are really good! I like them! big_smile They remind me of old crazy concerts. Since they have more stuff to work with, they have to more things.

1-2-3-4-5-6-89!

28 (edited by west_haven 2010-10-03 19:15:35)

God, I love it how the crowd still does Kayo's wave even though she's not there.

I didn't notice it the first time when I saw Tei!, but Fumi uses the keyboard just a little bit in the middle of the song O: And I think her voice sounds really good, different from Kayo, but I love her voice. I think the band is tighter than ever, like with Fumi and Hiro doing the head banging and shaking together, it looks so awesome!

Okay so, Coelakanth is Android....... I personally think that of all of Poly's songs, I think this is their best, period. So seeing this, it still has that AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME-ness to it! The small changes are really neat and really make the song even more interesting, oh and FUMI ON VOCODER made me spaz like the Fumi-fangirl I am. And when she does that lulululu or whatever, I DIED.

Beat Flash, too, I think is one of their best. And again, the changes shakes things up on the songs and I am loving it! The pre-recorded synth doesn't sound out of place at all, really.

LOL Too Much Tokyo, god I love Hiro. His talking during the song was interesting, but now I only wish I knew what he's saying.......

I don't have much to say about Kaja Kaja Goo, because while I love the song, I think it's one that they may need to retire. It feels overplayed to me. I love the crowd participation though smile and Hiro and Fumi mashing buttons on their synths, that was neat.

And just like, heavypoly6, Urge On! made me think of old school Polysics, like back in the ADSRM/Neu eras, where Hiro was so ACTIVE and banging on synths and acting like a madman. AAAAHHH AND THE BIT WHERE FUMI PLAYS WHILE HIRO GOES CRAZY ON THE KEYBOARDS, AAAAAHH FUMI FUMI FUMI FUMI *explodes* that was AWESOME!!!!!!! That kind of energy is what I missed from their older live versions of this song!!

OMG and Shout Aloud!!! Both Hiro and Fumi do the vocoder bits and now I am going to abuse the word AWESOME. Fumi sounded great going solo on the little bit where usually her and Kayo sang. I love how much she's stepping up and doing so much more * 3*

And I know that during all this spazzing, I haven't mentioned Yano. But don't let that think that I haven't been spazzing about him, really. I freakin' love how intense his drumming has gotten. He really BANGS the drums, and he's so fast and it's so amazing! He sets the tone for the song and keeps it going! Gotta love Yano <3

And that concludes my spaz. tl;dr POLYSICS IS BACK and their lives sound just as great at usual! And may I say, "even more so than usual", perhaps? They haven't lost their energy and their creativity one bit!

http://i40.tinypic.com/x3dbtg.jpg

I don't post here much anymore but I still have a fond appreciation for Polysics. Hit me up on Twitter @west_haven if you really wanna talk to me smile

29 (edited by heavypoly6 2010-10-04 01:32:29)

west_haven wrote:

LOL Too Much Tokyo, god I love Hiro. His talking during the song was interesting, but now I only wish I knew what he's saying.......

He said something about it being 10 years and Rock In Japan FES. 2010 and thanking them, and how it's their first time playing at GRASS STAGE. At the end he says something about having fun together during the summer? Not sure tongue

1-2-3-4-5-6-89!

Just downloaded a 27G HD file of RIJ2010 day 3 just to watch ONE POLYSICS SONG.

Where is the full show!?

polygif
I said I'm fine!

I don't think they released the entire concert, only the old songs and Heavy Polysick. They wanna keep those under wraps for everyone but those to have seen 'em live..... so we'll have to wait till eee-P comes out!

I don't post here much anymore but I still have a fond appreciation for Polysics. Hit me up on Twitter @west_haven if you really wanna talk to me smile

I wasnt expecting the whole performance, but it was just Heavy Polysick and Buggie Technica sad
Couple more, perhaps? sad

Guess I'll have to survive on How Are You PV till Dec 8th.

polygif
I said I'm fine!

On Youtube, there should be the rest of the concert, the old songs after Buggie Technica.