Topic: Fukuoka gig

Hey, I'm new here. I'm a big Polysics fan and I lurk these boards from time to time. I saw Polysics in Fukuoka yesterday, and I wanted to share my impressions.

The venue (Drum Be-1) was pretty small, but that made the feeling of interaction with the band greater, so the small size was good. The place was packed with Polysics fans wearing merchandise from the POLYSICS OR DIE!!!! STORE (I am now too proud owner of a Polysics shirt).

They played lots of my favorite songs, but also songs from their upcoming mini album. The new songs were really hard and fast, right up my alley. Here's what I can remember from their set list, in random order:

Heavy Polysick
Buggie Technica
Coelakanth is Android
Kaja Kaja Goo
Young Oh! Oh!
Shout Aloud!
Urge on!
Digital Coffee
Too much Tokyo
Hot Stuff
Whachawannado?
First Aid
Speed Up
Beat Flash!
For Young Electric Pop
Time Out
Pretty Good
Tei! Tei! Tei!
United
+ about 5 new songs

I think I got most of them...

Going to a gig in Japan isn't exactly the same as what I'm used to though. During the songs themselves the atmosphere is great, everyone's having a good time. But inbetween the songs everyone is just so damn quiet. During one of these silences I I yelled "FUMIIIII!!!", to break the silence. To which Hayashi responded "Otousan kana?", "Is that her dad?". It got a laugh out of the crowd, and I got a sense of interaction with the band.

I'm really looking forward to their new stuff, as it sounds great.

Re: Fukuoka gig

Hot Stuff <3

Awwwww! Awesome story.

Hi, welcome to the forums, and thanks for posting!

Desiato wrote:

During one of these silences I I yelled "FUMIIIII!!!", to break the silence. To which Hayashi responded "Otousan kana?", "Is that her dad?". It got a laugh out of the crowd, and I got a sense of interaction with the band.

This bit made me lol.

Welcome to the boards! It's always great seeing new people here!! Please tell us more about their concerts, because I for one am always interested in more news!!

Also, that reminds me. Did Hayashi happen to whip out one of these during a song? What did it sound like? Can you tell me about that song if you can? big_smile I know it's one of the new ones (either Mach Kanjin or Boil) and after seeing their new myspce pictures, I'm really curious!

TheMongKey wrote:
Desiato wrote:

During one of these silences I I yelled "FUMIIIII!!!", to break the silence. To which Hayashi responded "Otousan kana?", "Is that her dad?". It got a laugh out of the crowd, and I got a sense of interaction with the band.

This bit made me lol.

This, ahahahaha that is GREAT. You're lucky to see a concert like that, because from what I've seen, Japanese concerts blow (most) oversea concerts out of the water!

Also, Hot Stuff?? Eeeee <3 <3 <3

And what shirt did you get? big_smile I only have a Moog is Love one that I snagged a few years back, but I sooo want more. That shirt fits so great! Lucky you, being able to get stuff because I would love some of those new Polysics keychains, but alas, I am in the States so they can't ship it to me..... ooh, or those new awesome stickers!! My keyboard irl is like that big_smile it has a TOISU key!!!

http://i40.tinypic.com/x3dbtg.jpg

I don't post here much anymore but I still have a fond appreciation for Polysics. Hit me up on Twitter @west_haven if you really wanna talk to me smile

Hayashi didn't whip out a vuvuzela sadly enough.

And I got this shirt:
http://www.polysics.com/images/merch/GOODS/POLY-T-111F-B.jpg
It's awesome.

Best. Shirt.

So awesome!!!!!! * 3* * 3* * 3* * 3*

http://i40.tinypic.com/x3dbtg.jpg

I don't post here much anymore but I still have a fond appreciation for Polysics. Hit me up on Twitter @west_haven if you really wanna talk to me smile

New stickers look awesome!

polygif
I said I'm fine!