Topic: Mark Rowlands - UK guy

I had the good fortune to meet a Mr. Mark Rowlands whilst at the DC Polysics show 2/16/10 - what a great guy!  He has an awesome orange Poly jumpsuit (or has been known to nick one at the least) and got the coolest photo of the Polysics in front of the White House.  Woot!

Re: Mark Rowlands - UK guy

Dude... that just sounds as if I made a new username and posted that myself big_smile

Introducing John, the "middle aged bloke" that gave Kayo some flowers at the DC show. Good to have you here sir!

http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/2295/photosn987opyxc7.jpg

It seems you've been recruiting new footsoldiers for coelakanth mark tongue

NatsuBamBam | Polysics information and community

Am I alone in thinking that Mark is the coolest cat on Coelakanth? big_smile

Awesome to see another new person on the boards! Toisu, my neu friend!!

http://i40.tinypic.com/x3dbtg.jpg

I don't post here much anymore but I still have a fond appreciation for Polysics. Hit me up on Twitter @west_haven if you really wanna talk to me smile

5 (edited by Supreme Nothing 2010-02-26 00:56:57)

Hey Woofin, I was at that show as well.  There were several people I said hello to, or offered a handshake, but didn't get their names. Maybe one was you!  (I was the cat with the shaved head and glasses)

Anyway, good to have you here! I'm fairly new to the boards as well, but came here out of poly-love, and also to have people to mourn Kayo's departure with. sad

I remember seeing Kayo receive the flowers. I was wondering, "Will she break character?" , but she stayed firm. I bet she loved them though! It was a nice gesture to her, well done sir!

And yeah, Mark is one heck of a fellow! A shining example for POLYSICS fans everywhere.....

Hey, I'm footsoldier #2. I met Mark at the Akron Polysics show. After that show I was sad I would never see another show with Kayo again. Then I thought if Mark could fly from England to see the shows, surely I can drive 4 hours from PA to DC. So I did! I got to meet Mark and his friend Brannon, John, and another fan named Martin. I also got to make basic conversation with some diehard Japanese fans. But the best part of the night besides the show was hanging out in the bar waiting for Polysics to come out. I got to meet and talk to everyone, and even got Mardi Gras beads from Kayo! What a glorious night!

Right on, EnemyoftheParty ! Good job making the trek. It was pretty awesome, wasn't it?

I bet you'll keep those Kayo beads forever! I got some from Fumi, and Mark got pretty much the remainder of all the beads from everybody. tongue

Welcome to the board!

I kept all my beads, they were weighing my suitcase down big_smile

Yeah I tried to do a bit of recruiting. Most people I mentioned this place to had already heard of it, they just said they lurked rather than posted. I was going to make some business cards just with "coelakanth.com" written on them but some venues can be arsey with stuff like that so I didn't bother.

TOISU!!! to Travis and John!

west_haven wrote:

Am I alone in thinking that Mark is the coolest cat on Coelakanth? big_smile

Awesome to see another new person on the boards! Toisu, my neu friend!!

Knowing that he crossed the pond to see polysics in his orange jumsuit and just HAS to be remember by polysics as "that fan from the UK", he pretty much made it as coolest cat for me to xD
It's always great to see other people who are into polysics this much big_smile

NatsuBamBam | Polysics information and community

10 (edited by Woofin 2010-02-28 05:21:52)

Toisu!  Thank you for all the warm greetings, poly-friends!  It is indeed good to be here.  I need to look around a bit yet... I did discover that SCV music and promptly ordered the CD, wonderful stuff!

It was great meeting everyone at the DC show, I wish I'd gone to 'em all.  It's just too sad to think of Kayo-chan's graduating... sad

And thanks for noticing that I gave Kayo the flowers; I should have realized she wouldn't break character, lol!  After the show, though, she did tell me that she loves me, wants to get married and have my babies.  At least, that's what I think she  meant.  She said "Arigato," that's what that means, right?  Sure.  Me + Kayo, we're together like a house on fire (whatever that means, too).

As for that British bloke, he was a hoot - he was singing off-key to A-Ha's "Take On Me" among other things, then he kept punching me in the arm, saying "That's for the War of 1812 you bloody Colonist!" and *whack* "That's for your Bloody Boston Tea Party" and *thump* "That's for Nelson at Trafalgar!" - to which I replied "Huh, what??" but you know Mark, once he gets started, there's no stopping him.  Especially when Hiro puts his butt out for Mark to pet...

Ah well, twas an awesome show.  Wish we could do it all over again (except for the A-Ha singalong...) smile

some of that was true....