Topic: Countdown Japan 08/09

A few days ago I went to the Countdown Japan 08/09 to see Polysics, the set list (taken from no more tears blog) was:

P!
Coelakanth is Android
機械食べちゃいました
tei tei tei
Pretty Good
Beat Flash
I MY ME MINE
ROCKET
Moog is Love
DIGITAL COFFEE
Peach Pie on the Beach
BABY BIAS
Electric Surfin' Go Go
Boys & Girls

So all in all a pretty standard Polysics setlist, the only difference being it was my first time to see them on a huge stage (with err...the exception of the Kaiser Chiefs gigs!). Its also the second time for me to hear Beat Flash and I'm liking it quite a lot, but there is an odd bit with Yano shouting which will probably need to grow on me!

Also on the day I got to watch Beat Crusaders, Shakalabbits, Tsushimamire, Halcali and some other Japanese bands, but possibly the highlight for me was Hiroyuki's DJ set (which someone also posted the setlist for this on the no more tears blog! - I hope its ok to post it)

シーソーゲーム(Mr.Children)
20世紀の終りに(ヒカシュー)
サンフランシスコ(筋肉少女帯)
暴いておやりよドルバッキー(筋肉少女帯)
踊るダメ人間(筋肉少女帯)
オルガスム(X)
モデル(ヒカシュー)
SUGAR BOY(ユニコーン)
おかしな二人(ユニコーン)
ノイノイノイ(電気グルーヴ)
林檎殺人事件(郷ひろみ&樹木きりん)
夢見る少女じゃいられないPOLYSICS リミックス(相川七瀬)
風になりたい(THE BOOM)
また逢う日まで(尾崎紀世彦)

All of which are pretty much Japanese songs from the 80s and 90s, all except a few I had never heard before. Still despite Hiro's Djing skills not being up to scratch, he pretty much put all his effort into dancing and singing along to the songs!!

All in all, it was my first festival in Japan and definitely was better than any I had been to in the Uk. Now, I just need to find some way of going to Rock in Japan!

Re: Countdown Japan 08/09

sweet @ the X song.

He actually ended up playing it twice, and Yano would come out and stand completely still, except for pulling the occasional 'X' shape lol

ownage.