Topic: Concorde2 gig

ok i shall try go into as much detail as possible so you can all look forward to the shows to come.
The show didn't start till about half 7 but seeing as we didn't have anything else to do we all just sat on the beach outside the venue, from about 3 oclock onwards we sat listening to various soundchecks heard Polysics have a little practice which sounded great.
After that we saw Fumi walk outside to have a smoke then followed by the rest of the band, when i finally picked up enough courage to approach them we had a small chat and i asked their manager to take a picture with all of us, although instead of pressing the picture button, turned of the camera, lots of laughs there, espically from Kayo who got the giggles so she has a massive grin in the picture, good stuff.
After that they went in their tour van and drove passed us waving, Hiro in the front seat air-drumming.

now for the actual show, I saw them last year but this was so much better, probably because i knew every song but the crowd was also better, last year in between every track someone would shout "play My Sharona" which got really annoying after a while, this time round they got it out of the way nice and early. The track list was:

P!
Life In Yellow
New Wave Jacket
Peach Pie on the Beach
Ah Yeah
I Me My Mine
Ash of Life (off their new album)
Mr. Psycho Psycho
My Sharona
Three O Three O Man
Wachuwanaduu
Kaja Kaja Goo
Coelakanth is Android
Baby Bias
Shizuka is a Machine Doctor
Buggie Technica

SO yeah a total of 16 tracks, pretty damn good.
they played great and Hiro as usual went mad on stage and there was even lots of movement from Kayo.
After the show when the crowds cleared we waited around with three other guys for sigs and hugs, as you do.
we all got stuff signed and got lots of pictures taken with the band, who were all really nice. I never realised how small Fumi and Kayo are untill i was standing next to them in the picture, there so cute.
I asked Hiro when Karate House was due out in the UK, he replied "soon" so there ya go, hope you enjoyed my mini-review.

Re: Concorde2 gig

Yeah i didnt realise how short Yano was, after watching the Catch on Everywhere video i just assumed he was taller than the rest of the band even though in the video they were all different sizes and yeah last night (after the gig) i had a dream he gave me his prized ruler, it was just a dream come true.

I have a WEAKPOINT, speak ill of a person

where are your pics! lemme seeeee!!!

Sounds like a good show. It's great hanging round a venue before a gig. It's when bands are the most like normal people, haha.

Where's your pics Lloyd?! big_smile ...... actually where's mine???

http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/2295/photosn987opyxc7.jpg

yeah i only got a couple of pictures before the camera ran  out of batteries which sucks, but i got some pics of myself with the band which is what really counts, there was a photographer at the front taking loads of pictures so hopefully he'll upload them on the net so we can see.

Seeing them again on Sunday at 02 Wireless, ill post another review then too.

6 (edited by Lloyd - Botnik 2007-06-14 23:19:23)

io have a pic on my facebook, if you have it.. lloyd staszkiewicz. add me, if you like polysics, i like you

cool i just added you.
Another thing i forgot to mention about the gig was on Kayo's synth right next to the make of it there was the yellow and black square on the for young electric pop album, since they got their actual name from Hiro's first synth why not name an album after a new one?

Hey Splatterman, is that your photo on Fumi's MySpace? If so, it's *awesome*.

Edit post: i was thining of another one, yeah that me n the band, i was thinking of one with me, max, fumi and kayo.

It was easily their best gig ive ever seen (even though ive only seen them twice) but 2morrow at O2 Wireless! its gonna be amazing ill take my camera up with full battery this time and record every song so just wait ill post some kick ass videos up here

I have a WEAKPOINT, speak ill of a person