Re: Summer Sonic 08

a girl on the facebook group said

im from sydney and i went to summer sonic 07....they had a link through the summer sonic site when tix went on sale to buy them from overseas...it went via a ticket agency in france of all places...but it was all legit...they ask you for when you are flying over n whatnot...and i flew over start of august and my tix had arrived in australia beginning of july...

marktobias wrote:

Is there a limit on how many you're allowed to buy? She's already buying at least four.

Stu, the only way I think you can do it is to get them sent to an address in Japan so.... I dunno man :S

If shes all ready buying four, then I definelty wont ask her to get mine.
Hmmmm
If only there was an english site....

There are some other people I can ask to get them for me...
lol
i suck at this
I cant afford to miss this festival!

splatterman wrote:

a girl on the facebook group said

im from sydney and i went to summer sonic 07....they had a link through the summer sonic site when tix went on sale to buy them from overseas...it went via a ticket agency in france of all places...but it was all legit...they ask you for when you are flying over n whatnot...and i flew over start of august and my tix had arrived in australia beginning of july...

Well that sounds good. I was reading about foreign people getting them last year and they weren't talking about a friend Japan getting them. So yeah maybe once they go on sale it will all become clear.

http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/2295/photosn987opyxc7.jpg

aah, that sounds much better
big_smile
So excited!

Got back a few hours ago from summer sonic, It was AMAZING!!!!!
POLYSICS set was incredible. Apparently they've gotten pretty popular in japan, the audience were huge. Apart from the Sex Pistols the night before, i reckon it was the biggest audience I've ever been in. I felt ashamed not knowing the words properly (being in Japanese and being surrounded by Japanese people) until it got to DNA Junction and I knew them all! It was the first  Polysics gig i had been to where i didn't understand a word Hiro was saying in between songs. Another thing that was different in japan was that some songs were connected in between by kind of little jamming tunes. Haven't heard Polysics do that before... I made a point of watching kayo to find out what she uses her new sampler for, but she didn't touch it :s. There were some amazing surprises in the set and The crowd were crazy, really going for it. Crowd surfers and everything. There was a lot of cosplayers and Hiro came on stage in an energy dome, apparently excited to be playing with DEVO (who were excellent, but thats another story)

The set went:

SUNNYMASTER (I didn't think they had used this in years??!)
BUGGIE TECHNICA
PLUS CHICKER
BOYS & GIRLS
COMMODOLL (Incredible! It was like the version on the WATM DVD, but heavier, and i could hear plenty of kaossilator samples in the backing!)
SECRET AGENT MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Oh yes!!! Absolutely incredible. Definitely the highlight)
PEACH PIE ON THE BEACH
DNA JUNCTION (the future the paaast!)
I MY ME MINE
ROCKET
DIGITAL COFFEE
BABY BIAS (Hiro threw his guitar in the air and a roadie caught it!)

I might be missing a few, maybe something from Karate House, I was too busy trying not to get pwned by the mosh pits to remember the set completely 100%
The crowd were too crazy for photos during the gig, but i got this one afterwards with some of the many cosplayers:
http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z108/rocwatch/P1010149.jpg

And for friends of ERiKO, I met her!! Here she is in my energy dome:
http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z108/rocwatch/P1010154.jpg
We spent all weekend at SS together, and took me to an 'english' bar. She also bought me a DIY synth kit which has a booklet with it. In the booklet is an interview with Hiro about his favourite synths and stuff, only I can't read it because its all in japanese :s
if i can scan it, I'll upload it

Thank you ERiKO!!!

Great weekend, off to Hiroshima tommorw. Wish I could be at the POLYSICS/DEVO  gig tommorow in Shibuya, but you can't win them all XD

Amazing dude!! I love your sweaty knees! Haha.
Also I've definitely spoken to that girl kneeling down in the first picture and whichever one of those guys is her boyfriend big_smile

http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/2295/photosn987opyxc7.jpg