Topic: "Guitar Burning Documentary"? - I'd LOVE to see this!

Looks like this Youtube vid is blocked in Europe AND the USA - maybe the world outside of Japan:

POLYSICS「ライブセットリスト決定会議ドキュメンタリー“燃えよギター”」

http://youtu.be/FIOGsmV1u0k

If anybody's geo-position allows them to view this, maybe you have the tech to grab it and post it somewhere where the broader fan base could have a look...that would be very kind!

-RR

Re: "Guitar Burning Documentary"? - I'd LOVE to see this!

Watch what you wish for!

After jumping through a few technical hoops of fire, the Polysics video available on Youtube Japan can now be seen by the free world:

www.dailymotion.com/ruthyruth5

Basically it is a 98 second promo - and it was posted on the Youtube page www.youtube.com/polsicsSMEJ which identifies itself as the "official Polysics Youtube page" (I'm pretty sure SMEJ stands for Sony Music Japan...).

I keep coming back to the same question: why would a record company deliberately block the entire world from a promotion to sell a record? And I'm sure many here know that this oddity is not limited to Polysics, but applied to practically all Japanese bands, regardless of their label...weird.

Anyway, please enjoy the promo, which features Yano goofin' off with a guitar (thus the "Guitar Burning Documentary" quip).

For those chefs out there interested in how this tasty delight reached your table here is the recipe:

1) Google "free anonymous proxy server Japan"
2) Select a list of free proxy servers from the Google results
3) The lists usually show the most recent time the proxy was tested - younger the better!
4) Select a proxy that has been tested recently - make note of the "IP address" and the Port (the IP address is like 2.1.3.4 and the "port" is usually - but not always 8080. Sometimes they write the IP address and the port together like this: 2.1.3.4:8080)
5) Figure out how your browser's internet connection can be configured for proxies. In Firefox on a MAC I went to Preferences -> Advanced -> Network and then I clicked on the "Settings..." button next to the sentence "Configure How Firefox Connects to the Internet..."
6) use "manual" proxy settings and type in the IP address and the port number in the appropriate location (it should be obvious - in my browser I typed the IP address where it says IP Address and the port number where it says Port)
7) click save and wait 10 or 20 seconds
8) Go to the webpage you would like to see, in this case www.youtube.com/polysicsSMEJ - if everything is configured right, it should show up - Youtube thinks you're in Japan! - at least until the owner of the proxy server changes something, or Youtube adds the IP address to their black list. It should also be noted that some functionality may not work as expected. For example, I was unable to do any Youtube searches when I connected today using the proxy I chose.  This occurred because the proxy was from a Tokyo office that restricts employees in that building from performing any internet searches - small price to pay. Other proxies may be more flexible.
9) I used a screen capture program called SnapZpro. This was a second choice as my "Video Downloadhelper" plugin was deprecated during the connection - so I had no choice but to use a screen capture program and thus the explanation for the less than pristine quality of the video image and the loss of audio sync towards the end of the video...

OK - watch the promo, buy the CD/DVD/Blu-Ray and thereby confound Sony because they'll wonder how anybody not on the Islands found out about it!!

-RR

PS - Please enjoy this video as soon as possible because who knows how quickly the audio scanning algorithms will need to identify and destroy this upload!

ruthyruth wrote:

I keep coming back to the same question: why would a record company deliberately block the entire world from a promotion to sell a record?

Because they're c- whoops, almost had to ban myself there.

The instructions need to be put in a thread on its own and stickied given how this is going to be a recurring problem. Anyway thanks a lot!

5 (edited by ruthyruth 2012-12-13 13:14:48)

This is starting to look pretty serious...

http://yanoguitar.exblog.jp/

Yano