1 (edited by ruthyruth 2012-06-06 02:38:08)

Topic: HOLY flip'in F.... Purple Jesus!! This joint needs strong Cofffee!!!

OMG!!! You can take the girl out of the keyboard - but you can't take the keyboard out of the girl!!!!!!!

Did anybody else watch this rehearsal!!!??? (Links at the bottom after i RANT for a little while) - Is anybody in Los Angeles RIGHT NOW? I mean TONIGHT, Tuesday June 6th, 2012... Yeah? Then DRIVE - RUN - FLY to the Roxy on Sunset strip and buy a ticket for tonight's show!!!!!

Let's go down the line up...I'm not at all sure what this show is calling itself - MAYBE Scott & Rivers - but don't quote me...

OK - forget the old guy on the couch  (in one of the video links below) - I don't know who he is...

OK - also forget the bass player - I don't know who she is - so I don't care (nothing personal to you cool bass player person - I'll respect you and be your fan when I figure out who you are....)

On Guitar we have Rivers Cuormo (from Weezer - if ever there was a lamer name for a band, I haven't heard it yet....)

Then we have Scott Murphy - semi-punk American guy LOVED in Japan...But hey...wait just a minute...WHO THE HELL IS THAT ON KEYBOARDS!!!! ?????? HOLEY F.....Jesus, Mary and Joseph!!!! - this would be her first LIVE concert since BUDOKAN!!!

and uh, supposedly performing LIVE (OH YEAH  -  LIVE !!!!) tonight at the Roxy Theater on Sunset Strip in Los Angeles!!!!

It's our DUTY to scan Youtube diligently to find camera-phone or ANY kind of imagery of this concert and post it on anywhere !!!!!

The blinders are OFF ladies and gentlemen - we are NOT talking about "Ladies and Gentlemen", the Rolling Stones!!! We're very seriously talking about the "K" person...

Post what you can - this is TOO important to miss!!!

Check out these rehearsal recordings and see if you recognize the keyboard player!!!

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/22680009

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/23109226

Scope the right column of the screen there's plenty more!!!!!!!

OMG!!

-RR

UPDATE: This show is apparently part of "The Rocket Summer" concert series - so it is VERY hard to say IF or WHEN our favorite keyboard playber may, or may not appear again - BUT she is totally at The Roxy tonight!!!

FYI - Here is a link to The Rocket Summer website, which in my opinion, is glaringly UNINFORMATIVE:

oh yeah, it's a FB Joint: http://www.facebook.com/thesceneaesthet … 6167614127

Good luck with that!!
-RR

2 (edited by roundhouse87 2012-06-06 02:25:24)

Re: HOLY flip'in F.... Purple Jesus!! This joint needs strong Cofffee!!!

This what the show is listed as Early Years Scholarship Featuring Weezer. I have been watching all the videos recorded on the page and it's pretty cool. The show is tomorrow and tickets are not on sale. I'm thinking they are first come first serve. I have a feeling we wouldn't get in because there are probably people already camping out. haha I hope they play more shows since they are for charity. They already played at some Elementary school, I think.

3 (edited by ruthyruth 2012-06-06 02:43:45)

Dude (Dudette?) "tomorrow" is actually "TODAY" - right NOW Los Angeles time!!!

Anybody in the area needs to go to DEFCON 1 and get the hell over there!! There is no time to waste!!!
-RR

I'm a dude. haha I'm in Orange County and June 6th tomorrow and Kayo's twitter says she is playing tomorrow. Unfortunately I spent all my money on ordering the POLY-books and Fan books. So can't go unless she gets me in for free.(which I doubt)

5 (edited by ruthyruth 2012-06-06 03:06:29)

Yo, OJ person!
Grab something of value, and head up to L.A.! Even if you don't get in - go around to the side (opposite the Rainbow Room) - you will TOTALLY see her coming and going - and don't forget, the Ameblo blog is on the OTHER side of the international date line, ergo confusing future / past time-continuim - don't believe me? Scope the the Roxy calendar - or better yet GET THE HELL IN YOUR VEHICLE and GO NOW!! Take some pix -maybe even get some pix with the band loading in or out if you don't score some tickey-poos... It's ALL about the effort dude!!  I'm in Central Europe, so even with access to a hyper-sonic jet or the space shuttle - I have no chance of making a physical apparition...

YOU ARE OUR REPRESENTATIVE now that you've revealed your geo-location! So go and enjoy!! If all else fails, no tickets, after/before show Kayo hanging in the parking lot, then at least check out Vito's Pizza on La Cienega about a mile and a half from the Roxy. If you miss the show and every possible  photo opportunity, Vito will feed you some pizza to help you forget all your woe's!!!! www.vitopizza.com

Seriously, gas up your sled, and get movin' !!!!

Peace, love, one, out,
-RR

6 (edited by roundhouse87 2012-06-06 03:11:09)

Haha I'm failure as a fan. Believe me, I hate myself for not being able to go as much as you hate me. I will be on the hunt for more show dates, and videos. Possibly see if they are gonna stream it. A few venues these days do it. I'm sorry everyone who reads this for letting you down.

Just thought I would add that Yano's birthday is June 6 too.(I think)

It'll be interesting to see Kayo again, but I'd rather see her behind the Polyshades, rocking the vocoder and being an android for us. I liked her solo album a lot, but seeing her with some other guys, no matter who they are, it feels like she's cheating on Polysics.... I really wish she'd do another solo album and maybe have Hayashi guest star in it again. I miss her, but I want her back in Polysics, not in some other band.

And don't be so hard on him, RuthyRuth. He's no less of a fan for not being able to go out to there and you shouldn't make him feel like he's doing a disservice to the forum. So please, chill out.

http://i40.tinypic.com/x3dbtg.jpg

I don't post here much anymore but I still have a fond appreciation for Polysics. Hit me up on Twitter @west_haven if you really wanna talk to me smile

I think RR is just kidding but believe me it's like 2010 all over again. I will be hating myself for this.

roundhouse87 wrote:

I think RR is just kidding but believe me it's like 2010 all over again. I will be hating myself for this.

I can vouch for the Polysics books, so I'm pretty sure you're still going to be satisfied by spending your money on them and missing this. The AP book is just WONDERFUL and full of so much information, you will just die over it.

I don't post here much anymore but I still have a fond appreciation for Polysics. Hit me up on Twitter @west_haven if you really wanna talk to me smile

Yeah, they are supposed to here Thursday.  The fan books are what killed my wallet. I cost me $103 shipped. Ouch. The 3rd party buyer company I used to buy the other books, turned out to be the most expensive one too. Go figure. I'm gonna try to see if my family has hook ups with the Roxy.

roundhouse87 wrote:

Yeah, they are supposed to here Thursday.  The fan books are what killed my wallet. I cost me $103 shipped. Ouch. The 3rd party buyer company I used to buy the other books, turned out to be the most expensive one too. Go figure. I'm gonna try to see if my family has hook ups with the Roxy.

Which fanbooks did you get? I have one, two and three, and Davy has numbers four, five and six. Check the collection thread and see if those are them. I really want those too..... o 3o

The ones that were in that link. Not even sure I just know I bought 5 different ones. haha I will add them to my collection pics I already posted when they come.

roundhouse87 wrote:

The ones that were in that link. Not even sure I just know I bought 5 different ones. haha I will add them to my collection pics I already posted when they come.

Augh, those are all ones I don't have sad must.... buy...... eventually........ *falls over*

Yo WestHaven,
I'm TOTALLY not pounding on roundhouse87!

My apologies!

I'm fans of all you folks for making this forum happen.  Maybe I got TOO excited by the idea. I'm not hatin' nobody. And if I was in roundhouse87's shoes, just a few clicks away from seeing whatever they're doing tonight, then I'd be feeling REALLY, I mean REALLY feeling bad if I couldn't get there somehow.

On the other hand...I have so much TOTAL respect for Kayo and what she's decided to do with her life.

I mean, don't get me wrong, I LOVE pre-Budokan Polysics to the inth degree. But man, read her letter on polysics.com. She is a courageous free thinking person who is doing what she wants to do.

No matter how much I miss her creativity and her role in the group personality of Polysics, I can't help but think she is one of the most awesome people on the planet. Think about it...how easy would it be to give up a successful career in rock and roll at the zenith of your ventures in exchange for what your heart is telling you?

I miss Polysics with Kayo, but that is me. I also admire Kayo for being who she wants to be. For me, she is not just a musician, but also a role model.

Which brings us to today's date...there is something to be considered about the person you respect for chucking a rock career only to start jammin' with some of your own faves a mere 16 months later...

Mmmm, maybe Mr Horne should blow-off the European segment of the Mariachi El Bronx tour and come home to Kayo, remind her what she's thinkin'...on the other hand, if she shows up on the European Mariachi El Bronx tour, I'm going to be one happy camper!!

By the way, I'm completely diggin' the work that Hayashi, Yano, and Fumi have been doing in the last 15 months. There is a new, yet recognizable personality forming itself from the trio left behind. The creativity and sound from Poly-X-3 that I'm really excited  about what is going through their minds.

I don't like the idea either of Kayo, picking up her ax again and getting back into it, but hey, maybe she needs to do it. She is AWESOME lest we forget. I do not think she has abandoned her fans. I think she has followed her heart, and maybe wants to play some music too. Let's let her know we're with her waiting to see where she's thinking of going!

She is a courageous person (left her home country), and I like to think she is on an adventure or safari that most of us would not have the heart or soul to venture upon.

So, if we miss her Polysics work, then let's cry, but if we also love her, then let's cheer her on!

I wish I was at the Roxy tonight!!!
-RR

Note to roundhouse87 - I was not deliberately trying to get down on you - my sincere apologies.

As you suggested - to a certain degree - I was just having fun.

I mean, for me,  in a way, Polysics without Kayo is like The Beatles missing a Beatle. But this is NOT the era of Bealte-mania. We are living in a world of severe "flux". If we can't handle it, then we have to run for cover. But if we decide to keep our eyes open, then maybe we'll see something we would not see otherwise - for example the NEW Polysics...the NEW Kayo...

Of course I can't help but think / presume that the new Polysics gray uniforms represent some kind of mourning / loss, nor can I neglect the "keyboard train wreck" featured on stage in all post-Budokan live performances - I like to think it represents a memorial to a lost soul - or/and an invitation for that missing person to come "home".

But like I pointed out previously, I like I think that Polysics band and staff members rooted in reality understand, respect and support Kayo - no matter how much it might hurt or how much creativity in "that" vein may be lost.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, that I did not mean to disrespect you, and at no time did I ever mean to disrespect Kayo.

-RR

@Ruthyruth I understand completely, never took it as anything other than a joke so no worries. I was joking when I said you hate me. I feel the same way about Kayo. I'm all for her being happy, and I do enjoy not knowing what around the corner for Polysics. They are extremely talented and can put on a hell of a show, so I have all confidence in the world in them.

ruthyruth wrote:

Of course I can't help but think / presume that the new Polysics gray uniforms represent some kind of mourning / loss

Hi, I'm a new user and apparently I must post to prove I'm not a bot. The above quote caught my eye, as the same thought occured to me, although I'm slightly colourblind and couldn't tell whether the uniforms are dark grey or green...

wanna light more

18 (edited by TheMungKey 2012-06-08 08:39:16)

holy crap wall of text inhere tongue good morning all xD

anyway, I agree with (the parts i read) of what carrie said. I don't care much about kayo in a different band. If it was her soloproject I'd be very interested, but this.....
This just prooves it all to me. Kayo left Polysics because her ... boyfriend and at that time future husband wanted to live in the US with his lameass mariachi band. She wasn't done with the music. I know I might sound bitter and whatnot right now, but I sorta am >:[ THEY TUK UR KAYOOOOOOOO

anyway, it's always fun to see kayo news. But from this day on i'm hatin on the bronx tongue

NatsuBamBam | Polysics information and community

Welcome EEPAW, and thanks for posting. It makes my job around here so much easier.

EEPAW wrote:
ruthyruth wrote:

Of course I can't help but think / presume that the new Polysics gray uniforms represent some kind of mourning / loss

Hi, I'm a new user and apparently I must post to prove I'm not a bot. The above quote caught my eye, as the same thought occured to me, although I'm slightly colourblind and couldn't tell whether the uniforms are dark grey or green...

They're dark grey! And yeah, it's like some of the color in the band is gone...... But they're still hanging in there!!

Welcome to the forums!! big_smile

EEPAW wrote:

Welcome, fellow Poly-fan and colourblind person smile

22 (edited by ruthyruth 2012-06-08 03:04:31)

Hi everybody! And welcome ot EEPAW!
I'm neither new or old around here - but I have to say that dis-respecting Kayo for living her life seems to be out of sync with the love for Polysics / P-members that I assume we want to share.

I doubt any tuned-in member of this blog / forum would disagree that Kayo  ( FYI - the ONLY P-member to make a solo project ) is perhaps the most likely to surprise us again.

Seriously, Kayo is low profile, but she is a chick with an ego - if she decides to follow a groove, than let's see where it goes before we express our disappointment with her disappearance from Polysics.

Seriously, Polysics was OBVIOUSLY privileged to have her, and indeed, the combination was electric.

Meanwhile, Hiyashi, Yano, and Fumi are forging their own flippin' FACE MELTING sound. That is so awesome.

Kayo left the professional Japanese music scene. Cool. Her choice. BUT now she must be seeing / hearing / feeling something. Let's see where it goes.

Nothing lasts forever. Everything is in flux. Let's see what happens! Whatever happens, let's not dis Ken Horne! If we're fans of Kayo, that means in a certain way we love her, and that means we believe in her.

-RR

PS West_Haven - in my opinion there ain't no color missing from the current Polysics.  Indeed. they are making some awesome new music and some interesting adaptions. I like to think the gray represents a transitional non-color leading to a new plateau...

For example, in the NEW arena, let us scope out "Smile to Me": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQvPcDYOj9s
(the above link is a studio version) - but if you have had the privilege to have experienced the Shibuya-AX LIVE 2011 version, you can appreciate the new groove even more...then there is the re-working of Boy's Head: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZ48l_UpH-A - which does not rely on programming to emulate Kayo's contribution...or how about "Pike" from Shibuya-AX 2011 - albeit a miserably bad video recording - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LmLhkUOG7I yet you can still appreciate the energy and direction of the new band.

All I'm trying to say is do not discount the post-Budokan Polysics evolution, and at the same time, do not condmemn Kayo for being Kayo. As fans, we are more than likely to be rewarded by the new Polysics and Kayo.

ruthyruth wrote:

All I'm trying to say is do not discount the post-Budokan Polysics evolution, and at the same time, do not condmemn Kayo for being Kayo.

I'm not condemning Kayo for being herself, I'm just saying I don't like this music I've seen so far on those UStream videos. I can hardly hear her in them, mostly due to the quality, but it just doesn't interest me. I'm not bashing her lifestyle; I simply don't like that music. There's a difference.

Also, what I am condemning is basically stalking Kayo. Your attitude, saying to watch her entering the parking lot and take pictures of her is just pure invasive and creepy. It's not what I want Polysics fans to be known as. We may love the ground Kayo walks on, but we have to show respect to her. As Kayo said in her letter saying she was leaving the band, she simply wants to be a normal woman. If she wants to dabble in music, we can show support, yes, but to take pictures of her and try to more or less track her wear-abouts is just not cool. I know you were just excited and most of this is not serious, but still.

Anyway, I'm not going to harp on it anymore. I really don't want forum drama.

YO West_Haven!
You're right! My commentary was poorly composed and could be misconstrued....

My apologies!

I was NEVER suggesting "stalking" Kayo, or anybody else!

I only meant to express an opportunity to hear "first-hand" the band that was playing at that gig. The idea of snapping pix of Kayo in the parking lot was only meant to address roundhouse87's assumption that tickets, time, travel. etc would make such an undertaking fruitless - I was making a joke - very SERIOUSLY - making a joke. OK, at the very least, an observation that a zealous - yet well meaning fan - might have a glimpse at an idol.

Really, if you were a Beatles fan and you learned that Paul McCartney was visiting a local record store a five this afternoon, might you not grab your digital camera and head on over? (this example is based on a true story involving Sir Paul and the Aoemba Records store in Hollywood CA).

I have the deepest respect for Kayo, her former co-workers, and her friends and family. (Please note that i was NOT the person in this forum to refer to her husband as a "dickhead", nor any of the other less than respectful commentary about her, her choices or the band.)

-RR

ruthyruth wrote:

YO West_Haven!
You're right! My commentary was poorly composed and could be misconstrued....

My apologies!

I was NEVER suggesting "stalking" Kayo, or anybody else!

I only meant to express an opportunity to hear "first-hand" the band that was playing at that gig. The idea of snapping pix of Kayo in the parking lot was only meant to address roundhouse87's assumption that tickets, time, travel. etc would make such an undertaking fruitless - I was making a joke - very SERIOUSLY - making a joke. OK, at the very least, an observation that a zealous - yet well meaning fan - might have a glimpse at an idol.

Really, if you were a Beatles fan and you learned that Paul McCartney was visiting a local record store a five this afternoon, might you not grab your digital camera and head on over? (this example is based on a true story involving Sir Paul and the Aoemba Records store in Hollywood CA).

I have the deepest respect for Kayo, her former co-workers, and her friends and family. (Please note that i was NOT the person in this forum to refer to her husband as a "dickhead", nor any of the other less than respectful commentary about her, her choices or the band.)

-RR

Yeah, no worries. All is forgiven smile

And for the record, no, I wouldn't go out to the record store. I'd be tempted, sure, but I'd rather see him play on stage than watch him shop.

And don't worry, I don't like how Davy talks either, but I'm tired of dealing with him ;P