Topic: New Devo 12" goes on sale tomorrow/New Devo Digital EP on the 20th

Devo just announced that they will be releasing a new 12" single tomorrow for record store day. After doing some research, turns out the single will be Fresh b/w What We Do. They will also be re-releasing Duty Now for the Future on 12" and CD. Also, on the 20th, the band announced that they will be putting a new Devo Song Study EP on iTunes.

Re: New Devo 12" goes on sale tomorrow/New Devo Digital EP on the 20th

You forgot to mention the stream of their coachella concert at 11:45pm on saturday night, April 17th (tomorrow). Streaming here: http://facebook.com/5gum
They'll be playing all their new stuff.

They're also playing on Jimmy Kimmel tuesday night.

The record shop near me sold the 1 copy they had, but I found this online!

http://www.spinner.com/2010/04/08/devo- … premieres/

Meh, the webcast isn't live after all. Devo is playing right now, but the webcast isn't until 11:00pm PST Sunday night. An extra 24 hour wait.  BOOO!!!

On a side note, I downloaded the dvd of their concert at the olympics and I noticed that Mark goes crazy shaking some giant gold pom poms during mongoloid. Remind you of anyone?

The student has become the master!

PuppetMattster wrote:

Meh, the webcast isn't live after all. Devo is playing right now, but the webcast isn't until 11:00pm PST Sunday night. An extra 24 hour wait.  BOOO!!!

On a side note, I downloaded the dvd of their concert at the olympics and I noticed that Mark goes crazy shaking some giant gold pom poms during mongoloid. Remind you of anyone?

The student has become the master!

Oh wow, I so need to see this!!! Upload the clip to Youtube, maybe? 8D

http://i40.tinypic.com/x3dbtg.jpg

I don't post here much anymore but I still have a fond appreciation for Polysics. Hit me up on Twitter @west_haven if you really wanna talk to me smile

I think he's been doing that for awhile, not sure though

Yeah it's where Polysics got the Peach pie thing from, Devo have been performing mongoloid like that since around '96 I think?

I'm back from Tokyo BTW! Got my copy of the Absolute Polysics book! Incredible! If only I could read it!

I don't know how long they've been performing it live, but I do know that "Mongoloid" goes all the way back to their first commercial album.

Semper felicitas.

What he meant was how long devo had been using the pom poms in there preformance.

Just tested the video connection to see if I can capture some audio, and it seems like it'll be good for some audio!

SCVStuart wrote:

I'm back from Tokyo BTW! Got my copy of the Absolute Polysics book! Incredible! If only I could read it!

ISN'T IT AMAZING?! I can only read the random words (live, owl, Polysics, their names, and then I kind of sound things out if it's in katakana, and often times don't understand it) but the pictures.... the pictures.......!!! With the pictures alone, it's so much information!! o 3o

I don't post here much anymore but I still have a fond appreciation for Polysics. Hit me up on Twitter @west_haven if you really wanna talk to me smile

west_haven wrote:

ISN'T IT AMAZING?! I can only read the random words (live, owl, Polysics, their names, and then I kind of sound things out if it's in katakana, and often times don't understand it) but the pictures.... the pictures.......!!! With the pictures alone, it's so much information!! o 3o

Hahaha, yeah, english and Katakana is all I can pick out too, hehehe,but yeah, the pictures. The peach pie studio page....just seeing where the magic happens is enough for me!

SCVStuart wrote:
west_haven wrote:

Hahaha, yeah, english and Katakana is all I can pick out too, hehehe,but yeah, the pictures. The peach pie studio page....just seeing where the magic happens is enough for me!

Yeah, that's a great page!! Number five is special to me, because he got that after the show I saw them out. In katakana, you can see he mentions the 2008 North Carolina live. And that pedal was used in United, which is one of my favorite songs.....!! The person who gave me my book did a bit of translating and said that number 6 is 1st P that Hiro drew the covers for himself. And it was titled "The Polysics Show" instead. Very interesting!!

Oops.... um. This is off topic, haha. I do have some Devo and Polysics information I can add though. In one of my Polysics fan books (the one called "MySoleSound"), they have a setlist to the 8/11/08 concert where Poly headlined Devo.

Polysics played:
Sunnymaster
Social Fools
Tei! Tei! Tei!
PLUS CHICKER
Peach Pie on the Beach
SECRET AGENT MAN
WHICH!
I MY ME MINE
MY SHARONA
ROCKET
Coelakanth is Android
Electric Surfin' Go Go
BUGGIE TECHNICA

Devo played:
Opening Movie
That's Good
Going Under
Peek-A-Boo!
Girl U Want
Whip It
Secret Agent Man
Satisfaction
Uncontrollable Urge
Mongoloid
Jocko Homo
Smart Patrol/Mr. DNA
Gates of Steel
Devo Coporate Anthem (movie)
Freedom of Choice
Beautiful World (Booji Boy)

It says that Shizu wrote this up and the article that went with it, so I'm not sure if it was reported on her blog as well. But, here it is, making this post a bit more on topic. A little, hehe.

Well, the Coachella Devo webcast was an absolute nightmare. It came on an hour early, so anyone tuning in at the scheduled time got to see the last half of the last song. I will never chew 5gum again!

Seems like the Japanese release of the new Devo record will have a bonus track, which isn't shocking since the band has 4 bonus tracks left over.

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=WPCR-13844