Topic: Forummembers on IRC?

I'm wondering if any of you guys spend their days on IRC?
Being someone who's also into Anime I'm most of the time online on the Rizon network.
And i'd be surprised if I was the only one into anime, so i wouldn't be surprised if there are others on rizon ^^
Perhaps we could get a coelakanth channel? tongue

NatsuBamBam | Polysics information and community

Re: Forummembers on IRC?

I'm an anime fan (just went to my first con this week!!) but I'm not really familar with IRC. I'm mostly either here or on Gaia.

So since you're into anime, have you watched Moyashimon? I loved watching it since the anime was cute and interesting, but whenever the ending theme rolled around, my friend and I started singing~ gimon gimon gimon!!!

http://i40.tinypic.com/x3dbtg.jpg

I don't post here much anymore but I still have a fond appreciation for Polysics. Hit me up on Twitter @west_haven if you really wanna talk to me smile

Oh, I'm on Rizon as well as the same name I am here.

I'm not familiar with that anime West. I have looked up the ending and for some unexplainable reason I seem to love that song, I wonder why that would be xD
The animation doesn't fit the song tho (or vica versa)

but to get back to the topic, IRC stands for Internet Relay Chat, it's an oldschool type of chat that requires you to connect with the software to a server. It's not really that userfriendly like any other messenger you can think of so it's not something that'll ever make it to the mainstream public.
The rizon network however is one of the biggest networks that is used by Anime Sub groups to release their latest translations to the public. Alltho I haven't really got a new release in a year or something xD it's generally a fun environment to talk to your friends.

@AiryAiry, cool, i'm also under the same nickname as I use here. I use a bouncer tho so even if i'm offline my nickname will stay there, you can pretty much drop me a line any time of the day.
Let's get some more people of the board on irc ^^

I'd say check it out! It's an interesting anime O: the ending animation is just.... supposed to be cute, I think, haha. Their movements match up with the song too a bit. I thought it was neat how the Moyashimon version of Rocket sounds different from the album version.... like how Kaja Kaja Goo is different from the TOO SHY version. It's.... toned down a bit somehow?

Oh, I see! Yeah, I kind of thought that's what it was, but I've never used that kind of thing before O:

http://i40.tinypic.com/x3dbtg.jpg

I don't post here much anymore but I still have a fond appreciation for Polysics. Hit me up on Twitter @west_haven if you really wanna talk to me smile

I've made a simple guide for those who'd love to join the IRC channel but have no experience with IRC.
Ive made the channel #coelakanth on the rizon network, Airyairy is there too right now

Sorry for potential typo's, it's 3:30am, i'm sleepy xD

This guide is for Windows and linux, sorry macusers sad I'm sure there are plenty of mac alternatives you can use for IRC. Airyairy is using pidgin to connect to irc, I believe that's available on mac too

Step 1: grab a copy of Xchat and install it, this is free opensource software.
http://xchat.org/download/

Step 2: When installed, run xchat, you will see this popup for the first time. (Sorry for the dutch language, i'll translate what you need to know)
http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii143/Mistabeen/step1.jpg
The first 3 boxes is for nickname according to priority. The networks you connect to require you to have a unique nickname, sometimes the nickname might be in use, so the alternative ones will be used. (I'll tell you later on how to register your nickname)
The 4th box is username, just fill in your first nickname here alltho this is only needed for private servers and bouncers
The 5th box is your real name, you can fill in pretty much anything you want

In the list of networks select the rizonnetwork and enable the checkbox to skip this networklist at startup
now press EDIT to edit the rizon network settings

Step3: you see this window now
http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii143/Mistabeen/step2.jpg
Enable the checkbox that says Auto-connect with network at start (or something among these lines)
in the Favorite Channels box you enter #coelakanth
click close at the bottom.

Step4: click Connect, xchat will now show the mainwindow and connect to IRC and join the channel. Now every time you start xchat, it will connect to the server and join the channel

Optional Step5: in the little chatbar at the bottom, type /msg NickServ Register PASSWORD EMAIL
replace password witht he password you want, and email with your email adress
This will send you an email with a confirmationcode, just follow the instructions in that email
Now at the top of your window, go to the Xchat menu (first menuitem) and select networklist (first submenu item)
This is the same window as we've seen before, click on edit to edit the rizon network again.
In the 3rd textbox (Nicknameserver password or Nickserv, or something among those lines in English) you enter the password you chose. Click close and close, and you're done. Now your nickname is secure and you will automaticaly be logged in every time.

I hope to see many others on the channel ^^

anywho, i hope this made any sense. I'll proofread it in the morning xD