Topic: The Official Intro Thread

OK, I suck at Admin because we really should have an intro thread. Maybe we can tempt some lurkers to come out of the woodwork and post. And even if you're an existing poster feel free to join in and post random information about yourself (favourite colour, bank accounts, credit card numbers, etc.) here.

Hi, I'm TheMungKey and I'm a Poly-addict.

My favourite band member is Fumi.

My favourite songs are Buggie Technica and Black Out Fall Out.

My favourite food is grilled cheese sandwiches.

My favourite animal is lemur.

My favourite colour is blue... no, purple. Aaagh!

I also like prog rock (but we can't all be perfect).

Re: The Official Intro Thread

I'm For Young Electric Pop, or just FYEP for short. ;D

I'm a rabid Hiro fangirl (christ, get the shotguns.)

My favorite POLY-songs are CODE4 and Electric Surfin' Go Go.

My favorite food is instant ramen. (otaku alert!)

My favorite animal is coelacanth <3

My favorite color is orange.

Also I'm a lame anime fangirl XDDD

Named "perfect POLYSICS cosplay girl" by the wonderful Hiroyuki Hayashi. <3

My name is Dave12D3.

Hayashi is my favorite, but Kayo is super-hot.

My favorite Polysics songs are currently Always Happiness and Code 4.

I have no idea what my favorite food is, but I do like cup ramen.

My favorite animal.. cats?

My favorite color is blue.

Also I'm a lame anime fanboy XDDD

My name is to the left of this post although tobias is just a nickname that one person has for me.

Kayo is my favourite and I will battle Guy (and that bloke from Say Anything) for her love.

My favourite POLYSICS songs are currently "Wake Up, POLYSICS" and "Code4"

Mixed vegetable chow mein but only from Top Chef where the guy really can't speak English but is still in charge of the phones.

My favourite animal is one of these http://www.toysnjoys.com/plush/spirited02.jpg (?tori-sama)

My favourite colour is bluey green/greeny blue.

So is the last one a confession of some sort? big_smile I love Mini Moni..... lol

http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/2295/photosn987opyxc7.jpg

5 (edited by mbedd 2008-03-05 22:14:47)

Ace, this looks like fun...

Name : Mike Bedd

Favorite Poly : Kayumi

Favorite Song : each life each end

Food: Non flesh based

Animal: Piggies

Colour: Aubergine purple - yet wierdly I've just noticed I don't own anything in that colour

Confession1: I check the link http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/list_from_code … ?key=19405, far too much.

Confession2: Animation geek - although I think most of us on this site proably are, especially anime.

Confession3: I deliberately play POLYSICS videos on my PSP when people sit next to me on the train, even if I have to swap memory sticks over - my god the world should be forced to know their genius.

Confession4: After the last UK tour finished and I knew it would be a while before seeing them again, I finally understood the grief felt by the fumb-ducks who had to call those Take-That, Spice Girls, (insert shallow cacky boy band name here) help lines, set up to ease the pain of teenagers coming to terms with their band splitting up. It's  also probably why I've posted here too much over the last few weeks.

Confession 5: I post here too much.

Confession 6: I would chop off both arms to hug Kayo (either before or after the event. - although I would try to heal a bit first if it was before the hug - wouldn't want to get gore on her outfit.)

EDIT (to add another confession) I just bid a stupid amount trying to win this object...
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh83/mbedd/eef1_1.jpg
Sorry if others on here were bidding, I noticed it shot up quite a bit in the last couple of minutes. Luckily it stopped at

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh83/mbedd/eachlifetran.gif

Name: Guy Pearce (like the actor tongue)

Fav poly: KAYOOOOOO

marktobias wrote:

Kayo is my favourite and I will battle Guy (and that bloke from Say Anything) for her love.

I see a girl has come between our friendship Mark tongue

Fav song: either Three 0 Three 0 Man or Coelakanth!

Food: MEAT!

Animal: i have a pet dog and pet snake, they're my favs big_smile

mbedd wrote:

Confession 6: I would chop off both arms to hug Kayo

Why chop off your arms when you can hug her normally, i got a few in on their brighton show, infact:
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d196/SplatterMan/polysicsbrighton08050.jpg

^ my happy place big_smile

mbedd wrote:

Favorite Poly : Kayumi

Dude! That's cheating. You must to choose!

Ok then. I choose Fuyo

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh83/mbedd/eachlifetran.gif

I'm Code4 big_smile

I like Hayashi the best...various reasons why

Favorite song CURRENTLY is Buggie Technica, Mr. Psyscho Psycho, and XCT

Favorite food is...anything chinese lol

My favorite animal are cats!

My favorite color is purple

And im just completely,totally,obssessed with this band!!!

big_smile

TMK keeps on bugging me to fill this out.

Hi, I'm Kate(Monkey)!  I own this board!  And am married to TheMongKey, which means that we have SUPER MODERATING POWERS.

My favourite band member is Fumi, who I love love love, oh Fumi, I will sing songs about your awesomeness.

My favourite song is Black Out Fall Out.  Although Cherry has been running through my head for the past week.

My favourite food is tonkatsu sauce.  Or a shredded beef burrito.

My favourite animal is a mouse lemur.  With the big lemur eyes!

My favourite colour is blue.  But purple too.

I am also very tired.  And so in love with the awesomeness of this board.  Oh my God!  We don't have flame-outs, we don't get spam, it's so AWESOME.  You all rock!

11 (edited by Dark Fury 2008-03-06 01:35:22)

Name: Rob

Fav Poly: Hiro.. and Yano.

Fav Songs: Each Life Each End, New Wave Jacket, Code 4, Electric Surfin' Go Go, You-You-You, Shizuka is a Machine Doctor, Rocket, XCT

It was actually too hard to chose A favourite... so i chose 8. big_smile Choosing a favourite band member was also very hard, as all 4 are vital...!!! I started listening to Polysics a couple of years ago when a distant friend turned my attention to them. They quickly became my favourite band, and i have spread the Polysics word across my current company in Spain. At least 4 people i know are big fans now. I saw them live for the first time at O2 Wireless 07 in Hyde Park, then saw them again at the Islington Academy - had to fly over for that one and so glad i did. Met Guy at both gigs which was pretty cool. wink

http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/8706/polysigs2copydn9.png

Name : Paul

Favorite Polysic : Oooooo.... if I really had to choose, it'd probably have to be Fumi. But I reckon if I just shout POLYSICS! very loud whenever I'm asked this question, I can probably get away with it.

Favorite Song : I can't. But I've recently moved on from listening to a lot of Bye Bye Red Sneaker to both of Kayo and Fumi's songs from Karate House.

Food: Anything that eats.

Animal: Spiders or Octopi. For different reasons, but maybe I have a whole eight legs thing going on I don't want to admit to....

Colour: Neon Glowy Green.

Confession: I really love Polysics. In the totally embarassing way you love a band when you're fourteen. They make real a sound that's only ever existed before in my head. I'm happy to tell anyone that, but here I don't have to try and explain it after. So thanks for that, guys!

The moment you knew you had an addiction: Possibly the third time I heard "I, My, Me, Mine", which would have been about eight or so minutes after I first heard of the band at all. Possibly also in the past week and a bit, where I've been seriously weighing up the possibility of going to Summer Sonic.

Name: Matthew

Favorite Polysic: Hiro!

Song: Tie between Code4 & Black Out Fall Out

Food: SHRIMPS

Animal: Dog

Color: Green

Video Game: Tetris DS

Confession: Ummmmmmm I have seen the Polysics live 7 times so far, I listen to at least 1 polysics song a day, I don't listen to any Polysics music 72 hours before a live Polysics show, 200% Polysics whore is what I am, I play my Nintendo DS wayyyyyyyy too much, and I love drinking a can of Sparks before a Polysics Show.

Welcome to the board!

(One quick Google later)

Ok, that Sparks stuff scares me.

http://alexcarrillo.files.wordpress.com/2007/09/sparks.jpg

YOU MEAN THAT CAN SCARES YOU?

TheMongKey wrote:

Welcome to the board!

(One quick Google later)

Ok, that Sparks stuff scares me.

I want some. Probably a good idea to have some before seeing them live, last time i was exhausted from the jumping, shouting, singing, waving, fist-pumping.... *passes out*

http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/8706/polysigs2copydn9.png

Is it like alcoholic Red Bull? Sounds dangerous (but sounds perfectly POLYSICS)

18 (edited by sparks 2008-03-10 06:03:07)

ok check this out, im sure we all know by now that energy drinks arent really good for you, right? that is true, that is if you drink that stuff everyday! I mean SPARKS is absolutely AMAZING before a live concert show, it give you the AUTOMATIC BOOST and GREAT BUZZ before a POLYSICS show, plus its an orange can so thats another good reason hahahahha, but seriously though, sparks ORANGE can which is 6% alcohol but you can barely feel it cause the energy of sparks is really giving you this MUST need ENERGY/BUZZ before a kick ass concert and it also makes sure you rock out fucking HARD. and NO its not like red bull at ALL, red bull HAS NO ALCOHOL so that makes redbull weak and i really hate red bull cause i mean it taste like shit to be honest, sparks is much sweet but its great if you mix with ice too, now there is also another you must be aware of,

http://www.millerbrands.com/artwork/specialty/Sparks-Plus-can.jpg

that is SPARKS PLUS which is %7.0 and SPARKS orange can is %6.0

now which to choose? well the orange can is pretty SWEET (candy wise) but its still amazingly damn good, now the sparks plus is like half sweet, but much stronger hahahhaa. anyways i highly recomend drinking 1 can of sparks before a polysics show, seriously. another great thing about sparks is, nobody knows its an alcohol drink cause it looks like an energy drink.

SPARKS+POLYSICS=FUCKING SPECTACULAR!!!

marktobias wrote:

Is it like alcoholic Red Bull? Sounds dangerous (but sounds perfectly POLYSICS)

Haha, how often do you drink this stuff?
You seem awfully hyper talking about it. XD

Named "perfect POLYSICS cosplay girl" by the wonderful Hiroyuki Hayashi. <3

hahahahaha i am indeed hyper but i rarely drink sparks, only before concerts and maybe pulling an all nighter gaming night perhaps? as a matter of fact, i wish was drinking a can of sparks right now.

For Young Electric Pop wrote:

Haha, how often do you drink this stuff?
You seem awfully hyper talking about it. XD

Enough about me, lets talk about me.
I'm Nimrod if you didnt guess. My real name was suppost to be German, but instead its Welsh and i'm English. Mum must have had some Sparks before she named me.
Hiro is God. I'm a geek. Wake up POLYSICS! is amazing.
An obsession other than POLYSICS would be the number 42.
I care too much about my hair, what more would you need to know big_smile

Forty Two

By 'lurkers in the woodwork' do you mean people like me with my mighty four posts?

Gotta agree completely with Polytical Dogma. The ONLY way to love Polysics is in that crazy fourteen year old obsessive way!

Right, lets do this list thing:

Name : Steve

Favorite Polysic : Kayo.

Favorite Song : At this very moment XCT or Each Life Each End, but this changes at least twice a week!

Food: The gigantic, monstrously delicious slab of vegetable tempura that I bought in Asakusa two years ago and subsided off of for an entire afternoon!

Animal: Cats!

Colour: Orange; oddly enough, long before becoming a Polysics fan.

Arise, Polysics!

Name: Alex

Band member: Fumi

Songs:You-You-You (all time) but at the moment it's Black Out Fall Out (PoD version)

Food: Thai red curry.

Animal: Muscovy ducks! Everyone hates them but I find them to be noble animals.

Color: Teal.

Equally obsessed with Futurama.

Marshal G.K. Zhukov wrote:

I've noticed an increased use of that word since MSN Messenger became used by all. That's the only place I've ever seen that word big_smile
It's my favourite font colour by far.

marktobias wrote:
Marshal G.K. Zhukov wrote:

I've noticed an increased use of that word since MSN Messenger became used by all. That's the only place I've ever seen that word big_smile
It's my favourite font colour by far.

The first time I heard of the name teal was back in 1993, the inaugural year of my favorite sports team, the Florida Marlins used that as a primary color for their uniforms (its an accent color today). What do you call teal in the UK?