Topic: 09/02 - Islington Academy

TOISU!
I'll start this thread now even though I should be in bed getting some rest for tomorrow.
As usual I smell of other male's sweat. There seemed to be a distinct lack of women where I was standing/falling over/being crushed by some fools who were constantly trying to start a pit right behind me.

Well wasn't that bloody great!?! I'll leave it to someone else to do a review of the actual performance (although Hiro was on top form and both of the new songs were played!!) I'll just say I very much enjoyed it and it was great to meet four of you guys from here.

The POLYsuit worked wonders with a few random women. When I say, "wonders" I really just mean people pointing and saying, "cool!" but that's good enough for me! I also spoke to some bloke from Sydney but I'm not sure what he was talking about. Ooh that was my first sober POLYSICS gig! No chance of that tomorrow..... see you soon Guy and Max! Brighton OR DIIIIIIEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/2295/photosn987opyxc7.jpg

Re: 09/02 - Islington Academy

shit, they played pretty good? the song?

what was it like??? (dont just say it was pretty good tongue)

Yeah last night was awesome, but i think the levels were a bit shit, hiro's guitar was too quiet, and kayo's synth, well that just kept cutting out!
But that didn't make me enjoy it any less, it was the busiest poly-gig ive been to, and the front it was almost impossible to move.

The set was good, but not as good as last year, only because they focused mainly on all their hits, last year they played Wachuwanaduu, and Three o Three o Man. Although it was nice to hear the new intro instead of  P! my friend saw the set list behind the merch stand, aparently it's called K! haha

Yeah the suit was awesome, surprisingly good with the ladies, one girl told me she loved me! hmm i think i will wear this bad boy more often tongue

Can't wait for tonight, i may actually get some descent photos this time!

That was awesome! Nice to meet some Coelacanthers in the flesh. Hung around after and got a photo with Fumi in which I look like a total dork. Yano liked my shirt. Hiro scratched the logo to see if it was real (!) He knows the Manchester Devo set list by heart even though he missed last year's tour. Got my Karate House booklet signed by everyone and Kayo signed Mitsuami Heroine. I asked Fumi to please play Nottingham again soon. I hope I didn't scare her too much... Mucho Mas on Upper Street, Islington is fantastic Mexican. More later when I'm not typing on a phone keypad...

What was the merch stand like?

Forty Two

Aw man i should have waited around with you to get stuff signed!
what was Kayo's reaction when you pulled out Mitsuami Heroine? or was it just like normal?
im going to wait around after the brighton show so get mine signed, the venue isn't too far from mine

The merch wasn't too impressive, they had Vista CD and vinyl, some badges, only 3 tshirt designs, none of them new ones
i still picked up stuff though. i got vista vinyl signed by hiro and yano, hopefully i will complete it tonight!

if anyone has any pics, plz upload!

TheMongKey wrote:

That was awesome! Nice to meet some Coelacanthers in the flesh. Hung around after and got a photo with Fumi in which I look like a total dork. Yano liked my shirt. Hiro scratched the logo to see if it was real (!) He knows the Manchester Devo set list by heart even though he missed last year's tour. Got my Karate House booklet signed by everyone and Kayo signed Mitsuami Heroine. I asked Fumi to please play Nottingham again soon. I hope I didn't scare her too much... Mucho Mas on Upper Street, Islington is fantastic Mexican. More later when I'm not typing on a phone keypad...

I DONT BELIEVE IT!!! Me and my friend were waiting near you..and we figured that they wouldn't come out. Not that we doubted how much Polysics love their fans, but more of the security guard said it wasnt likely and my mum was going to kill me if i was back really late.

Dont suppose you could tell me to put my mind at rest, how long were you waiting outside for before they came out???

Hiro came out about half an hour after the show, Kayo and Yano a bit after that, and Fumi came out last - about an hour after, altogether. They came out the back because they were loading the gear onto the van. Top marks to a guy from Canterbury who spotted a camera flash as we were waiting outside the entrance and I was blathering on about Coelakanth and how he should check us out.

Songs they played - I won't call it a set list because I know the order's all wrong.

K!
Rocket
Pretty Good
My Sharona
Coelakanth is Android
Kaja Kaja Goo
Peach Pie on the Beach
Ah Yeah
I My Me Mine
Baby Bias
Electric Surfin' Go Go
Life in Yellow
New Wave Jacket
Buggie Technica
Shizuka is a Machine Doctor
Black Out Fall Out

Any and all corrections welcome...

Photos later when I work out the best way to lighten, crop and upload the ones that are worth seeing, that won't take me a week.

Posting three times in a row in the same topic! Tsk. I'll have to give myself a warning.

Anyway I've added the photos to my Polysics set here.

For each one posted there were four more that were too dark, blurred or had someone's arm in the way...

Looking forward to seeing everyone else's pics. Don't be shy!

Some pretty good photos! Nice job.
The cosplay one is ace.

Forty Two

Those are some great pics MongKey!
with your permission, would i be able to put a couple of them on my myspace page?
I'm just uploading loads of the Brighton show, you can have a look: www.myspace.com/splatterman
Brighton show was AMAZING!

Thanks! You can have the one with you and Mark (I've got a bigger version if you want to pm me your address), but I'd prefer it if the others were just linked to...

Awesome

So Sweaty Though, Though By Far And Away Surprised With How Many Kids There Were There Too.

The Joke Of A Pit Annoyed Me Too, As The People Who Started It Seemed To Think The Idea Was To Push People Over And Leave It At That

Cutting Pink Were Awesome Too, After The Pit Started And Dissapated, There Was A Massive Hole For Me To Dance To Them In, It Was Great!

Hey Mr MongKey. Random Canterbury guy signing on. Here is reassurance that I didn't in fact die from hypothermia on the way home!

Was really great to see the band at last, and to see that I'm not the only obsessive Polysics fan in the UK!

gormster wrote:

Was really great to see the band at last, and to see that I'm not the only obsessive Polysics fan in the UK!

Dont think i know a POLYSICS fan who isnt obsessive about them tongue

Forty Two

17 (edited by marktobias 2008-02-12 02:07:48)

Nimrod wrote:
gormster wrote:

Dont think i know a POLYSICS fan who isnt obsessive about them tongue

We weren't obsessive enough to follow them back to their Brighton hotel even though we knew which one it was, haha big_smile Apparently we also knew room numbers but I really don't think they'd give out that sort of info.... damn the lying drunk man!

I'm still waiting up for someone to post about the Oxford gig but the tiredness has beaten me.

http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/2295/photosn987opyxc7.jpg

gormster wrote:

Here is reassurance that I didn't in fact die from hypothermia on the way home!

Hurrah for not dying! And welcome to Coelakanth yikes)

I do really wish I had stuck around -- damn my aching feet!

Next time, God.  Next time.  Me and Fumi!

20 (edited by Kenichi 2008-02-20 10:27:06)

Hey folks and TOISU!

Im back in norway with snow and less ppl than camden during a fire after the polysics concert. The concert was imba, a houge amount of ppl, good performance by polysics and a lot of nice ppl. The 2 guys with suits (from the forum here if im not mistaken) looked very cool and you also had ppl with t-shirts etc big_smile. The merch had some okey stuff too but hoped it would be more. 

I talked to katemonkey or something about pictures if I remember right. So after a very busy week I gathered my pics, my friends pics, and pics I found on the internet in a foulder and uploaded them on Megaupload. It contain some good pictures, some okey and some bad ones. Also 2 movie clipse where the sound fails but you get the visual and some of the mood from the audience. I think I will upload them both on youtube when I get time to do it.

Btw, the pictures from the brighton show where awsome, wish we had some of the same quality from the London gig. The ones I have here is all I have found thats interresting.

Hmm, thinks that it for now New file back up (clicky)
Incase you dont want to download everything, here is the youtube link to one of the videos in poor quality from the show
Clicky.

Thanks for the post.

The ones labelled Katemonkey are actually mine.

I would prefer that they weren't uploaded elsewhere, thanks... and in general it's always best to ask first before you re-upload other people's pictures.

What's done is done but please bear it in mind next time.

No problem, thougth it was okey since they have been linked here before, but they are removed assap. Not been sharing this other places than this community. New link will come up with the 3 other foulders. Sorry if it caused trouble...

Without wanting to get into a huge discussion on copyright (because after all the only way to retain absolute control over something is not to post it on the Internet in the first place)...

I linked them because I wanted people to see them. But I wanted people to see them on my Flickr account because they can leave comments if they wish and I can see which ones get looked at the most, and who knows they might have a look at some of my other photos while they're there.

I have nothing against people downloading the pics, I've done it myself. But once they're stuck in a zip file and uploaded somewhere else there's no link back to where they came from in the first place.

But thanks for removing the files, and no hard feelings yikes)

Oh yes, fantastic night, I think the pit stuff was due to the middle support's fans- you know that Bob Fossil from the Boosh shouty band- didn't spoil the night too much. Loved them singing along to all those 80's classics while they were warming up. First time I've seen them setting there own stuff up - seemed to add extra happiness value to the night.

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh83/mbedd/eachlifetran.gif

Hey everyone, i was there too. big_smile Enjoyed it so much, well worth travelling over from Spain for!

http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/8706/polysigs2copydn9.png