Re: Super Cute Voices!

NERDGASM!

Hahaha, glad to see it got there in one piece!
Sorry about the (slightly smudged) generic signing!

Well the case is a bit cracked at the bottom, but it's the bottomside of it so you don't really notice it ^^
I guess you just need more practice in signing stuff big_smile

NatsuBamBam | Polysics information and community

Mistabeen wrote:

Well the case is a bit cracked at the bottom

Aww really?? sad sorry about that... Perhaps thats the downside of using floppy disks, they are kinda brittle ::/

Ok lol for 2 hours now ive had your songs play out from your myspace page and i have to say i absolutely love these.

The melodies are awesome, i really like the synths they fit in superbly and i just love your thick british accent on top of it all. I hear lots of poly influence here and also alot of unique aspects, which is just a perfect combo imho tongue I surely got a bandcrush on you guys now, maybe in time we´ll see if it developes into going all west_haven  big_smile
I´ve never used paypal before but i´ll try to figure this out so you´re about to get an order from Finland smile

sure they are a bit brittle, but they make for a great collector. ^^

Funny Monday wrote:

you´re about to get an order from Finland

Just got it!
Thanks, FM! Hahahah, that must be why I'm getting myspace plays all of a sudden!
Glad you like it! Maybe I should play up the British accent thing?? Everyone seems to like it hehehe

I'll send your EP through tomorrow big_smile

Reading positive posts on here is making me get impatient for playing shows! Arg

Your myspace playlist has been open at my work computer the entire week now xD
I wouldn't put too much emphasis on the British accent. You are already doing it even if you don't realize it yourself, if you play it up more it might start to sound forced. I love the accent the way it is right now.

Hehehe, I noticed a boost of plays from Belgium!
I was only joking about the accent thing really big_smile

My EP arrived today, thanks Stuart! It's definitely a grower, and I love the 5 1/4" floppy disk packaging. Of course, I'm old enough to remember using them on a daily basis...

Aah, the order from Nottingham was yours? That's cool, thanks MongKey! How's the microkorg going??

It gets wheeled out from time to time. What I really need to do is clear some crap out of the spare room and set up my keyboards properly (also got an old SY-35) so that when I get inspired I can get something done instead of spending time pulling everything out and then lose the focus of whatever I was doing.

At my current work rate expect my debut album - Songs in the Key of Mong - somewhere around 2017 wink

I really want to do a song that consists of Stylophone and ukulele and nothing else...

Back on topic, my faves so far are Darlin' Freeze and My Favourite Maths Book. Love the spiky guitar work too - sort of like Polysics meets the Black Books theme!

I wouldn't worry about the Japanese pronunciation, the number of Japanese pop artists (Utada, I'm looking at you) who murder their own language to make the lyrics scan must be in the thousands.

And mine arrived yesterday. Not bad at all speedwise. Thanks Stuart and Royal Mail for the swift delivery

TheMongKey wrote:

What I really need to do is clear some crap out of the spare room and set up my keyboards properly

I did exactly that, and it makes all the difference. I've got all my equipment permanently set up, so whenever I get an idea I can just flick the on switch and try it out

Hahahaha, the black books theme? never looked at it that way before, hehehe

Just took a listen, and I have to say that I'm impressed.  Can't comment on the quality of the Japanese, but it sounds impressive.  I'm half-tempted to place an order for the EP, but unfortunately I've already been spending too much money this month tongue

Semper felicitas.

Hey, I know recently I only ever seem to post here when I have something to say about Super Cute Voices but.....
http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z108/rocwatch/A1Group.jpg

YO YO YO!!
New Look! New Website too! (www.supercutevoices.com) Plus an updated Myspace (www.myspace.com/supercutevoices)

Finally we're ready to start gigging again!
Should start doing our first shows in around a month big_smile

I'm so excited, its been way too long!
cool

Let's New Wave!!!

Nice! Loving the new look. smile

Please tell Pixie that I am already liking her. She is looking so kickass, you all are!! If you guys ever come to the States, I do want a picture with you guys!! (My girlfriend may not like all of it though, haha.....)

http://i40.tinypic.com/x3dbtg.jpg

I don't post here much anymore but I still have a fond appreciation for Polysics. Hit me up on Twitter @west_haven if you really wanna talk to me smile

west_haven wrote:

Please tell Pixie that I am already liking her.

Hehehehe, I will do! She'll be good live too! I promise!

the fox wrote:

Nice! Loving the new look.

Thanks, fox! It's surprisingly comfortable, too big_smile

seriously cant wait to gig now big_smile

I love the new look dude! As I always say... I look forward to seeing you live one day big_smile

http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/2295/photosn987opyxc7.jpg

marktobias wrote:

I love the new look dude! As I always say... I look forward to seeing you live one day big_smile

Thanks Mark!
Actually gigging is getting closer and closer!
Our first show is on Saturday, and once we've tried it all out in front of an audience, gigging nationally is the plan! big_smile

Annnnnnd internationally someday? big_smile

http://i40.tinypic.com/x3dbtg.jpg

I don't post here much anymore but I still have a fond appreciation for Polysics. Hit me up on Twitter @west_haven if you really wanna talk to me smile

marktobias wrote:

if you ever plan to see them live let me know, crossing the channel isn't that much work o/

Also, if you ever do tour in the States, let me know if you're ever performing in Nashville.  I'd love to see you live.

Semper felicitas.

You never know, maybe we will play Internationally one day, but I think thats just too far away to think about right now!!