Re: Super Cute Voices!

I've been meaning to listen to your music and I finally did today, and wow, it's really good!! Just listened to So Desu Ka and I enjoyed it! I'll have to get your EP (a signed one? hehe~) once more money rolls in big_smile

Also, I gotta comment, your voice is really interesting. Maybe even more so since I don't hear British all the time, but it adds a very neat vibe to the songs! Keep it up, man!! If you ever come to the States, please stop in NC!

http://i40.tinypic.com/x3dbtg.jpg

I don't post here much anymore but I still have a fond appreciation for Polysics. Hit me up on Twitter @west_haven if you really wanna talk to me smile

I have to agree with west here, quite good music. I can hear the polyinfluences, definitely in so desu ka.
I liked the idea of sampeling anime soundbits like in Darlin Freeze, alltho I would prefer to see you do something more with it, like run it trough the vocoder or something big_smile
Any ideas how the sound will change with the new members?
And I love the design of your EP man big_smile Might get me a copy of it when my paypal trouble is sorted out ^^

NatsuBamBam | Polysics information and community

Hehehe, thanks, you two! Since promotion for SCV is pretty much non existant at the moment due to rehearsals, it's good to get some feedback big_smile

You like my voice too, west? Maybe it is the brittish accent thing, I do seem to get more orders from over seas than I do from the UK... Personally my voice is my least favourite part of the music, but I enjoy singing, so I have to make do

hopefully scv will make it to the US eventually, I've been ofered shows across the pond before, but there has always been somthing in the way. All the shows I did in the past were kind of half arsed, I'm making sure it's done properly this time round with uniforms/choreography etc. Seriouly just looking forward to getting out there and trying it all out.

yeah, that anime sample in darling freeze, I'm not a huge anime fan or anything, I just love the sound of the Japanese language... Guess that's one reason for my poly-love

Mistabeen wrote:

I would prefer to see you do something more with it, like run it trough the vocoder or something

Aah! But I do! The middle section without guitar etc is made by running that sample through a vocoder

hehehe, The sound of the band probably won't change at all with new members! I write everything for the band, the new members are there for performing live, really. I'm lucky, I've found people who like the music, and are willing to do exactly as I say big_smile

Sorry for the gory spelling mistakes, my computer is still broken, so I'm relying on my iPod for Internet acess. The lack of spell check makes for painfully writing sad

Yeah, I think it's charming and unique! It adds a good feel to the music. I really wanna listen to more of your stuff! I liked all that I heard on your myspace page big_smile And also, your So Desu Ka PV is really interesting! Props, man, props!!

I hope your computer gets fixed soon! This afternoon here was fun since there were more people posting than usual (and it's not just me posting way too much, rofl)

I don't post here much anymore but I still have a fond appreciation for Polysics. Hit me up on Twitter @west_haven if you really wanna talk to me smile

SCVStuart wrote:

yeah, that anime sample in darling freeze, I'm not a huge anime fan or anything, I just love the sound of the Japanese language... Guess that's one reason for my poly-love

That's the funny part actually. As someone who's into Japanese culture I'm repulsed when people butcher the Japanese language, and your british accent is pretty much doing that in so desu ka xD
But when I look at polysics who butcher the English language on a daily bases I'm not bothered by it. They do it all about the sound of it, and because of that same reason I'm ok with the song so desu ka. Pronounciation might be way of, but that's what gives the song it's charm big_smile
I guess the British accent gives you an edge, it adds an extra depth to the sound of SCV.

Another thing I noticed. When listening to Ganguro I couldn't help but notice it this ^^ not surprising for a polyfan to use influences big_smile
S-U-P-E-R-C-U-T-E-V-O-I-C-E-S
P-O-L-Y   P-O-L-Y-S-I-C-S-P-O-L-Y-S-I-C-S

If we should get on anyone's case, it should be the Japanese's assault on the English language. The things I've heard in popular media...oh boy. lol

It's good that you found new members, and that you are taking a professional approach with the uniforms and choreograph. I intend on doing the same thing. It's strange how similar our approach is. I'm even looking for new members for just performance purposes as well. Maybe in a few years we can do a show together? I'm heavily influenced by 90's P-MODEL as you are Polysics.

In any case, I can't wait to hear more from SVC.

Glad to hear it's coming together Stu, I'm looking forward to finally seeing you live big_smile

http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/2295/photosn987opyxc7.jpg

Thanks West! That PV is gonna be scrapped when the new members are in officially. Might have to do a new one, that one is kind a dodgy (just me, no uniforms, various cases of copyright infringement...)

I hope your computer gets fixed soon!

So do I! My Studio computer is down at the moment too, so I've hijacked my sisters laptop... Logging into the admin user in safe mode to change her password is (besides my ipod) my only internet access at the moment...

'm repulsed when people butcher the Japanese language

Repulsed? hehehe. All the mispronunciation in that song is kind of a nod towards Plastics really. Most of their back catalogue is written in English, but you'd be hard pushed to find a single line that's pronounced correctly in its entirety.

not surprising for a polyfan to use influences

I think my biggest influence from polysics is just that; not to be shy about what you're stealing from other people. On more than one occasion I have sampled something because I love the way it was sampled in a Polysics song (usually from some obscure source I've never listened too). Polysics make the kind of music they enjoy, and so do I big_smile

'm heavily influenced by 90's P-MODEL

Tell me about it! The 1992 album is Susumus masterpiece in my opinion. You can hear a lot of polysics in it too. Put a rock beat on 'Vista' and it'd fit nicely into any Poly-album.
(Talking of mispronunciations, P-model is another prime example!Herusu Eenjeru (Health Angel) just wouldn't work without all those extra syllables big_smile )

Glad to hear it's coming together Stu, I'm looking forward to finally seeing you live

Hehehe, thanks Mark. I'm looking forward to just playing live! Haven't performed in over a year now, and for someone who calls themselves a musician, that's not very good...
Besides, I've got to catch up with my brothers band, he's currently trying to figure out whether he should support K.I.S.S. on the Spanish section of their European tour, or Bon Jovi on his stint in the 02 arena.
Not my kind of music, but still... 02 arena/spanish tour... lucky bastard:/

Haha, dodgy cool then? I really got a Polyvibe there, since it made me think of the Plus Chicker PV a good bit.

I was thinking about your PV just now, and suddenly, I got a vision. It would be flippin' amazing for there to be a Polysics video where there are doubles of everyone. In my mental image, I saw a million Hiro's screaming and jumping around. It was...... flabbergasting.

Last night when I was about to go to bed I kept on humming so desu ka in the back of my head, it's a good sign if songs get stuck in my head xD

I started going all west_haven on SVC (yes that's what I'm calling it now west, if you don't like it sue me tongue) and ran into this video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUJLKZJn … re=related
Is the drummer one of the new members you speak about?
I'm also curious about the uniforms, are they like the one on your myspace (the big picture), or are there others?

37 (edited by west_haven 2010-03-07 17:44:52)

Haha, the same thing happened to me, I had the "ichi ni san yon go rokurokuroku" bit in my head. All the best things are catchy~

You pulled a west? I'm a verb now? Pretty good! 8D (lol, or if you want a better pun, you could say you got "carried" away looking up things, ahahahahaha....ha)

Hahaha, The plus Chicker PV was pretty much my entire inspiration for that Video. I think you can kind of tell it was thrown together a bit though. Nowhere near as interesting as I would have liked.

Arg! Please ignore that live video! It's very much out of date! I think that was 2007, so I was still 17... Thats the first song of the very first live show we ever played, it Sucks!! Seriously! If that was on my channel it would never see the light of day...

Nah, that drummer is an old member, he's not involved anymore. SCV will be a three piece when we finally play shows again. And I promise it will be far better than anything you may find in any youtube videos. we were never really ready to gig back then, but impatience got the better of us...
I wanted Uniforms/choreography/props from the start, but the drummer in that video wasn't into that kind of thing, so It never happened. I'm determined to do it properly this time round! If I can't do it properly, I don't want to do it at all!

The uniform on the myspace was kind of a stopgap. We're using a similar Visor/Ear defender setup, but the actual stuff were using is a lot tidier. The coat in the myspace pics is dreadful (I'm fully aware of how bad it looks), the new ones are shorter, blacker and have bigger, starchier collars.

Dunno. You'll see when its all organized!

I can't wait!! big_smile Good luck!!!

I'll try to order your EP soon, so when you get a random order from NC, that'll be me XD My paychecks should be getting larger next month-ish, hohohoho~

Same here, when I get my paypal problems settled you'll receive an order from Davy from Belgium, please sign it before mailing if possible stu big_smile too bad Furry isn't included on the EP sad

And sure, the videos may not be the best gig ever, but the further you go with this project, the more you will look back at those and remember how it all began ^^

Awesome! Thanks you two! I'll look out for Belgium and sign the EP thats headed there big_smile

too bad Furry isn't included on the EP

Yeah, Furry is one of my faves actually, but I'm using the EP as a promotional tool as well, and I though Furry might not be commercial enough....

Thanks for the support by the way, hearing positive stuff once in a while is what makes me think there may actually be a reason (other than my enjoyment) to push SCV forward.

Order placed \o/

Furry sounds highly polyinfluenced. It's a good thing imo big_smile I love the heavy use of the vocoder.
This is the best polyinspired music I've heard so far.
SCV imo has it's own very distinctive sound with a polysics influence. It's not a blatant copy. I'd love to see this go further.

Is there a way to get our hands on the MP3 version of the songs on myspace, I want them on my mp3 player ^^

You can always rip the audio once you get the CD! That's what I'll do once I get order it :3 I can't wait 'till I'm able to~

yeah, but there are songs on myspace that aren't on the CD ^^ for example Furry wich is a great song

Thanks for the order! It'll be on it's way Tomorrow:)
Hehehe, I always wanted a triplet feeling vocoder chorus after hearing Polysics' version of 'Cherry'

Sorry, there are no downloads available yet, but when I've got a bit more free time I'll look into it.

Who's the female voice in my favourite maths book? It's a nice change of pace (not that you have a horrible voice xD it's more than good but don't take my word for it, I have absolutely no feeling for music whatsoever big_smile)

Hehehe, the female voice is a friend from Texas. I liked her voice in her music so I asked her to record a couple of parts for me big_smile Still love her voice, shed definetly be an SCV member if I lived in Texas.

Bummer sad a supporting female voice would be a great addition to SCV. It works for polysics xD
Are there any plans yet for live shows with the new people of scv? Or just a general date you think you might be ready?

a supporting female voice would be a great addition to SCV

Heheheh, well who said my new band members were all male?
I'm predicting a couple of months before we'll be gigging, just because I don't want to jump into it without being 100% ready.
At the moment I'm turning all the offers we get down, just so we aren't rushed, but I know my impatience will take over before long and we'll have to gig whether we're ready or not big_smile

So guess what I got today \o/
http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii143/Mistabeen/SCV-EP.jpg
I just love the floppy idea xD works out great