1 (edited by SCVStuart 2007-10-02 23:18:41)

Topic: Super Cute Voices!

Toisu!

www.myspace.com/supercutevoices

My Main influence, quite frankly, the best band in the history of everything everywhere ever, POLYSICS.
Seriously though, there isnt a better band in existence
First time i heard of them, they were supporting Kaiser chiefs in birmingham
they come on to the stage
they play
I die
Everything about them <3
ok ill stop, im getting myself exited.

Super Cute Voices!
My Band!
I'm Recording a cover of XCT at the moment too
Tell me what you think XD

Thank you Poly-people!

Re: Super Cute Voices!

Ok, my XTC cover kind of altered itself into the Polysics version of Cherry big_smile
Its pretty much finished, so is my cover of the original Jerkin Back 'n' forth
Thing is with Polysics covers, I halfway record them and think to myself, 'this will never be as good as the original' and give up.
Oh well!
I should finish these at least!
maybe XD

do it! i wanna hear.

Lloyd - Botnik wrote:

do it! i wanna hear.

Heheh
I'll try and finish them next week big_smile

I like it, it is good. The only think I dont like about it is the leveling of the voice with the background music. Other than that very good. I am trying to start a band. My friend and I started The Electric Surfin Goo Goo's About a year ago, but it pretty much died due to late of commitment on some's part.

http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/8322/bloodyvalfin2gp2.jpg

Nihonjin_berryz or DIE!!! wrote:

I like it, it is good. The only think I dont like about it is the leveling of the voice with the background music. Other than that very good. I am trying to start a band. My friend and I started The Electric Surfin Goo Goo's About a year ago, but it pretty much died due to late of commitment on some's part.

Thanks mate!!
I'm afraid the level of the voice is just down to my low editing skills sad
Thanks though XD
Electric surfin goo goos?
yikes!
I love the name!
Any Poly-esque band is good for me big_smile

Wow, you have really good music!
I like how you worked the Azumanga Daioh music into Ganguro. :'D

Named "perfect POLYSICS cosplay girl" by the wonderful Hiroyuki Hayashi. <3

For Young Electric Pop wrote:

Thank you!!! big_smile:D:D
Always makes me happy when someone says that XD
I couldn't help myself with  the Azumanga tune big_smile
Its just so damn catchy big_smile

Thank ya!

only just listening to the new songs, kating is supersweet. but you probably already knew that i would love it.

although i do think after the second 'kating' (when the synthy bits are doing their thing) their should be some more vocals, maybe some shouty ones or something. that would sound sick. but thats just me.

such a good song

Lloyd - Botnik wrote:

only just listening to the new songs, kating is supersweet. but you probably already knew that i would love it.

although i do think after the second 'kating' (when the synthy bits are doing their thing) their should be some more vocals, maybe some shouty ones or something. that would sound sick. but thats just me.

such a good song

Thank You!!!!
hehehe big_smile

I know exactly what you mean :S
that song was kind of written in a hurry, I wish it had more in the Chorus :\

And Ganguro is too short ...

oh well, Thank Ya! So Much:D

went through it all with my newly found drummer today, so, shows soon big_smile (hopefully maybe)

SCVStuart wrote:

Thank ya!

Hehe, I couldn't resist, I friended you on MySpace (even though I told myself I wouldn't friend people =_=)
I'm POLY-Fan if you didn't know. :]]]]]]

Named "perfect POLYSICS cosplay girl" by the wonderful Hiroyuki Hayashi. <3

SCVStuart wrote:

Thank ya!

Hehe, I couldn't resist, I friended you on MySpace (even though I told myself I wouldn't friend people =_=)
I'm POLY-Fan if you didn't know. :]]]]]]

hehe yeah i noticed big_smile
I already commented you ^^

am loving your music stuart! will ad you on myspace....tho i dont use it regualy.

do you think u guys migh ever come down south?

Thanks!!

We're starting gigs again at the beginning of next year. Hopefully we'll be traveling further afield this time.
My drummer is from down south, so we may well be down before long!

Glad you like the songs!

you really should come down......i know sooooo many people who would wanna see you!  big_smile

How could anyone not like them!

God, I LOVE this!

I just added the band to my list. I love the style. It's so relevant to POLYSICS, probably why I enjoy it. The synth draws me in. You HAVE to tell me a bout the pads you used. Did you make them? Would you care to explain or would you rather keep it secret. I'm currently working on a band with my friend guitarists Zach and Mark. I've got an Sh-201 at my disposal, not much and it takes a lot to make great noise but I actually like the Sh-201.

Care to tell me a bit more about it? If you don't thats cool, but if you prefer to keep it private you can tell me about the kind of synth and pads you use, what equipment, etc? What kind of vocoder are you running with?

Glad you Like it, WaveOn!
I don't mind talking about it, I love talking about synths!
Most of my stuff is done on only one or two bits of kit. The 3 I use the most are:
1971 Minimoog
Novation Bass Station
Korg Mocrokorg

I also have an SH-201 but it hasn't made its way onto anything recorded yet. It's a pretty nice synth in my opinion. Nicley set out and easy to use, awesome arpeggiator and, unlike a lot of synths, has a dedicated pitch envelope for nice commodore 64 kind of blipy sounds. The filter is the worst part about it, very digital.

I have used other bits and bobs on the songs up on myspace. A Kaossilator, Gameboy running LSDJ, and a Gakken SX-150 (google it).

I stay away from presets (except for with the kaossilator, ive got no choice there) so i program all my synth sounds myself.
For lead sounds I use mainly square waves. I don't roll much off with the cutoff, so stuff tends to sound sharp. I almost always modulate a little bit with either triangle of square on the LFO, that way i get a Nintendo kind of sound big_smile

For bass I basically just go for your classic synth bass sound. All 3 oscillators on the Moog detuned slightly on different octaves and waveforms. set a quick decay on the filter envelope and there you go. a simple sound, but its as fat as duck.

For drums I either sample sounds I program on my synths or I use a VST program called Battery 3. Lots of nice electronic sounds. Plus I have an awesome drummer to layer on the Acoustic drums so it gets as lively as possible (even though I'm not happy with the mixes, and will probably record the songs from scratch)

Some of the more sound effect type sounds I program using various VST instruments. The main ones I use are Tweakbench Peach and Unknown 64. Both awesome. The first one samples Nintendo and the other is a Commodore 64 sound chip emulator. Both are free, and well worth the download.

Thats basically it. The 201 is plenty to get some nice sounds though. Really east to get some Commodore type sounds like i said with the Arp and the pitch envelope. Its good for bass too if you just play with the filter a bit. What kind of stuff will you be using it for? Will it just be leads or Bass sounds too?
Looking forward to hearing your stuff!

Haha awesome Stu,   Yeah I'll be using it for lead mainly, don't want to use it for sequencing or bass lines mainly because it doesn't loop or record audio tracks like the Juno-G or any equivalent model. PLus I was on a budget, but for the moeny the Sh-201 seems to be a nice choice. Very easy to use as you said.

Yeah I'm not actually a fan of the SUPER SAW from Roland, I prefer sine waveform, and whatever I can do to make some interesting ray guns haha. And yeah I have the intuition to look into free synth software, but there's also V-Synth (Novation iirc) and they seem to be pretty good if you have a decent soundcard. Did you record the music in a studio or did you just use     a minidisk of some sort?

The synthetics I 'm mainly interested in creating anyway are mainly just a sequence for  looping throughout songs and slightly adjusting or turning off during a solo or bridge portion, and then of course the lead synth which is going to be very POLYSICS-esque, with random analog bloops and such. You know what I'm talking about. Nothing sounds so good with guitar and drums blaring, those wonderful analog bloops. tongue

I think Kayo uses her nord lead 2 for most of her lead synth now adays,  and her Roland Juno-G/Korg POLYSIX for the bass and/or sequencing and minor tweaks I imagine.           Nord Lead 2 is definitely as it promotes, a lead synth, if you ask me haha. Meant to be a modeler  anyway.

This is great man, you're japanese vocals are awsome(or at least they sound like japanese tongue) I'd love to hear an album. Theres tons of potential here. If you ever come to Ireland I'll get loads of people to come big_smile

Finally!!!   big_smile

Been working on a whole new load of stuff for SCV over the last few months. Been juggling quite a few things, so it all took forever, but it's finally all done!!!

www.myspace.com/supercutevoices

Yeehaah! New styling etc, but more impotantly, I re recorded all the old songs to a standard I'm (pretty) happy with, and finally got some new stuff up too! I did everything myself this time. I'm back down to a one man band, whihc means no gigs until I find myself a new SCV drummer hmm

Not only that, I finally sorted out www.supercutevoices.com

The New EP is Ready and finished.
It all took forever, but I'm finally done!

If anyones interested, please check out the new songs (and the website If want!)

Looking forward to next year. I'm still trying!!!

Heres the EP:

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z108/rocwatch/EP.jpg

That EP packaging is pretty incredible. Love it smile

Very cool packaging. cool

This is a desktop movie...P-MODEL sample? Nice, nice, very nice. I'll have to set some time aside and give your songs a thorough listening, but I enjoyed what I heard when I skimmed through your playlist. I can definitely hear the Polysics influence in both your melodies and sound.

KajaKajaGuu wrote:

Very cool packaging. cool

This is a desktop movie...P-MODEL sample?

Indeed it is!!
I used to use the 'Underground' sample from Overdrive by Electric Musik (the same one used in URGE ON!), but I felt it was a bit too polysics, So I replaced it with some P-Model big_smile

Wow, Stuart, I am blown away by SCV - I love it!  After playing your songs a bunch of times from MySpace (which I loathe, takes a lot to get me there which speaks highly of your music), I just ordered the EP.  Your vocals are terrific and the songs are just a blast, very Polysicsy but also uniquely your own.  Well done!  I can't wait to get my EP, and look forward to hearing more from you (is there any option to have you sign the EP??).

Thanks Woofin!

Always happy to hear when people enjoy the music big_smile Makes it all worth it tongue

Woofin wrote:

(is there any option to have you sign the EP??).

Sorry I didn't sign it!
Hehe, I have signed them in the past on request, but I've only just read this message, and I sent the EP a while back...

Haven't logged in to the board for quite a while due to the recent death of my PC.
Must be more diligent in the future!

Psst, don't tell anyone, but I recently acquired two new SCV members , so we'll be (FINALY) cross country gigging in a couple of months.